J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Assessment centre style. Had an exam and was then interviewed on the answers. There was another interview which was more traditional and then a group excercise. The interview seemed to be more to gauge how you go about answering the questions rather than your current technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What area of technology do you think you are more suited to?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pilani (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pilani (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was ok. Everything happened smoothly and the HR was helping. Some documents were required which I sent through e-mail. All the conversations happened over cellphone as the distance was long. Overall it was satisfying.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online as an undergraduate student to be considered for a place on a summer internship. I received an email invitation and selected a time slot for the interview. It was for the Investor Services division. I attended a one hour interview with two representatives at JP Morgan in Canary Wharf, London. I met the first representative for a half an hour one-to-one conversation discussing my background and education. The second representative I met for another half an hour one-to-one conversation was more demanding and was asking direct questions testing my awareness of JP Morgan, what the division and role I applied for was involved in.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of situations where you had to change your communication style?
      Provide examples of situations where you acted with integrity, a value supported by JP Morgan?
      What do you think you are going to do on a daily basis as an analyst at JP Morgan?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship, i later that week got an email back to do a phone interview. With phone interview, ialked for a few minutes on the phone with HR manager, she was very nice. But i did not get the job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, and got the interview a few months later. first round interview, very simple process, no technicals were asked, all competency and strengths based questions. Prepare many examples that would support the strength based questions, and make sure you know why you are apply for JP morgan.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to office in Asia. Had 2 Interviews:

1) Video interview. 3 questions, each with 3 chances of recording it.
    - Questions about experiences.

2) Passed the video interview, invited to face to face interview, and J.P. networking event on campus the day before the interview.
    - Had 2 interviewers, each around 30 minutes.
    - Mostly about fit, interest, why I wanted to go into that specific office, my extracurriculars, why the specific division.
    - Interviewers were friendly but stern.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me (and convince me) why we should hire you for this division.
      - What did you do in your previous internship?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview

On site interview after phone screen. Lots of finance questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews followed by 2 in-person interviews at the office. Phone interviews were mostly fit-based with some brainteasers and current market news. Face-to-face interviews were also mostly fit-based questions (e.g. motivation, why Sales and Trading), behavioral questions (group setting) with some market-related questions. Interviewers were patient and very nice. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What industry have you been following?/How would you invest 1 million dollars?/Why JPM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Online app followed by phone interview and then super day. 4 hour super day with mostly behavioral and Markets focused questions. Technical questions come up but talk through thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. applied through school, got an invite for an interview about a week later. basic interview questions. some math is involved. lasted about thirty minutes. they let you know through email whether position is offered or not.