J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email within 2 weeks to set up a telephone interview. Did two 30 min telephone interviews back-to-back. First interview was mostly technical questions, second was mostly behavioral. Interviewers were okay, dry personalities

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. Two people interviewed me at once. They just asked simple behavioral questions, nothing too crazy. I was able to interview at a job fair so it was quick and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will fit into the enviorment of JP Morgan Chase?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

written online application, HR contact for phone interview, phone interview with VP of corporate communications with around 5 questions. Opportunity for specific questions at the end. Electronic offer submitted about a week later which I ultimately declined for another offer due to proximity issues. Beware that the time between the submittal of online application and the HR contact was 1.5 months. A bit to wait on for just an internship.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your internship learning goals for the summer?   1 Answer

offer with a closer proximity and higher pay to my place of residence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Remote, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews right after each other. The first one was a general get to know you type of interview. This was followed by a second more technical interview designed to see if you're a good fit for the company or not. Very behavioral based with little math. good luck.

Interview Questions

• X and Y equal $2.50. X is twice the cost of Y. What are X and Y respectively?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting/career/job posting websites. I heard back from them in about 2 and a half months where they required me to apply through an application on their website. I was scheduled for an interview. There were two 30 minute back to back phone calls. The first one was okay (slightly below average), she really questioned how much I knew about the company. The second interview was more difficult. For one thing, the interviewer had a heavy accent and when you are talking on the phone, it distorted his voice which made it difficult to interpret. I still thought I did a pretty good job understanding what he was saying and what he was asking. Overall, I thought it was one of the most difficult interviews I have ever had and I knew I was not going to be offered a position, which I was glad. I was not fond of the location of the position (Columbus, Ohio) and I thought some of the questions were either not relevant or unfair to the extent that there was clearly an expectation that I should know certain things, all though my major particularly does not have a focus on certain areas.

Interview Questions

• There is a baseball bat and a ball that costs a total of $2.50. The bat is $1.00 more than the ball. How much are each?   2 Answers
    • Where is the headquarters?   1 Answer
    • Who is the CEO? CFO?   1 Answer
    • What type of assets does JP Morgan Chase have?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through company website. Wasn't exactly sure about the entire process because I knew no one in the area of interest. Typical phone interview with an employee. Mainly asked behavioral questions. There were no technical questions at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

My career counselor at school was in contact with one of the hiring managers and sent over a group of students resumes. I received an email requesting a phone interview after they received my resume from my counselor. I had the phone interview within a week of receiving the email and did not receive my rejection to move forward to the 2nd interview until almost a MONTH after I had been interviewed. I believe the entire process involves 3 interviews, so I can almost imagine how long the entire process must take if you make it to each round.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.P Morgan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Online app followed by phone interview and then super day. 4 hour super day with mostly behavioral and Markets focused questions. Technical questions come up but talk through thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the internship, i later that week got an email back to do a phone interview. With phone interview, ialked for a few minutes on the phone with HR manager, she was very nice. But i did not get the job

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round phone interview. Applied online through the JP Morgan website. After a few weeks, received an email to set up phone interview. Had a first round phone interview. If selected, I would have moved onto a super day in New York.

Interview Questions

• You’ve got a 10 x 10 x 10 cube made up of 1 x 1 x 1 smaller cubes. The outside of the larger cube is completely painted red. On how many of the smaller cubes is there any red paint?   1 Answer