J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied for its women program (summer analyst). Sales and Trading Division. Interviewer was an alumni. There were both fit and technical questions, but most questions were technical. The technical questions were basic, but ranging from equity to FX... basically covered all securities you can think about. But I didn't prepare for FX, so I got stumbled on question related to FX.

Interview Questions

• Why crude oil supply increased recently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied to attend a corporate event where students were paired with each other and had to do a case study. From there J.P Morgan Chase handled it all. Communicated with students interested in the internship. You just had to show up

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

On site. 3 hour interview with 6 people. Many behavior questions. Heard from the interviewers in one month. Then went to a standard background check, drug test, on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N.a.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Interview Questions

• What's can you tell me about the wholesale market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There were two rounds of interviews. The first round took place at my university and the second took place at their office. I would strongly recommend attending information sessions and social events in order to meet the recruiters prior to interviewing. All of the hiring managers and recruiters I met were really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round on campus, second round in office in new york. Interviewed for the Investor services division. Pretty laid back interview with some technical questions - really wanted to see that you know what they actually do etc.

Interview Questions

• Pushed every question very far. 4 .. 30 minute interviews back to back   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy interview process. It is basically in place to determine whether or not you are socially awkward. If you are able to answer simple questions about your work history, you should have no issues. The questions should be answered honestly.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple projects? How do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was not difficult at all. The interview consisted of one round with primarily behavioral questions being asked. There were only a couple technical questions being asked. All in all, they just want to see your work ethic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my location.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Interview

Very professional. Asked detailed questions but was very patient with your answer and friendly personalities. Wanted you to have a grand knowledge over a material of things. Once job was accepted they helped you out with whatever questions you might of had. Truly a wonderful working experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were read from a form. Less personal and more strict.   Answer Question