J.P. Morgan Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Went through an accelerated application (my college had an "early" Super Day). Was interviewed by two managing directors and one vice president. Strangely they were all in the healthcare industry, which I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

• If Trump got rid of the corporate tax, how would the cost of debt be effected?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2017.

Interview

There was two back to back video interview. One asked about behavior question, other asked about the technical question. They tend to be picky on the technical portion, the person wasn't very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Usual interview process, asked about interests, my degree, and future goals. Interview was non-technical which was surprising because I assumed a banking interview would have many maths and technical questions. The interview focused more to see if you are a suitable candidate.

Internship Interview

Interview

two 30 minute back phone interviews, the first person I spoke with was very stern and right to the point. Second interviewer was more inviting and easier to talk with. Asked a good mix of technical and general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in JP Morgan Chase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited to super day in NY. Flew down for two 30 min interviews. Said they were supposed to be behavioral and technical, but never got any technical questions. They didn't contact me after the interview. I had to reach out to the recruiter and received an automatic response then a generic "your application is in review" email. They never called or emailed to say I didn't get the job I happened to see it on my communications portal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JPM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

1 Superday. The superday ran from 9AM to 1PM. It was three interviews and a group case study. The group study did not really matter; but, the three interviews were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question was: how did you react when someone did not take your idea into account?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application; was contacted almost two months later for an initial phone screen that lasted 20 minutes. A day later, I found out that I received another interview; this one lasted 30 minutes. Finally, I received a video conference interview that lasted 30 minutes.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Consisted of two parts: non-technical(like behavioral) and technical interview. There were two interviewers for each part. They called me in, I finished the non-technical and then went straight to the next interviewer.

Interview Questions

• There was a question along the lines recalling a situation where I had to do something without guidance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Flew me out to interview. 5 rounds of interviews with two interviewers each. Pretty tough questions, but targeted at determining if you will be a good fit within the firm and the team.

Negotiation

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the job portal for an incoming college freshman position with a resume and cover letter. Had a good phone interview with a friendly interviewer, and it was fairly casual, as I was only a high school senior.