J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,736 Interview Reviews

2.9

4,736 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before getting an offer. The first one was about four basic behavioral questions. The second interview was a little bit longer with about 8 questions. The process took about 3 weeks. Be prepare to answer question like why JP Morgan? Why operations? and basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you found a mistake in your presentation 10 minutes before presenting what do you do?
      Why JP Morgan?
      Why operations?
      How do you lead?
      Who's a leader you look up to and why?
      How do you handle having many tasks for a specific time period?
      What do you know about excel
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at my university's career fair, recruiting team was very nice and looking for programming/business IT students. I applied online directly to their website for the position, and was emailed to schedule an on campus interview within just a few days. The interview took about an hour and I was interviewed by 2 people, one was very friendly and asked questions about my personal/school life, the other wasnt as friendly and slightly condescending but asked questions about my experience with code/development then handed me a sheet of code to read output. Overall, the recruiting team was very nice and very interested in motivated students. Only 2 other students attended the same interview with different interviewers. A few days after the interview I was called and congratulated for being selected with some other info about pay/location/time.

Interview Questions

• "What was a difficult project or assignment you overcame"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they made an amazing offer and asked for a decision within 2 weeks.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I received two phone interviews back to back . One was a behavioral and the next was technical both were suppose to be about 30 minutes in length but the behavioral was a little shorter. I say it was negative because both interviewers had thick accents , which is not ideal for phone interviews and I caught myself having to ask them to repeat the question a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a finance company opposed to other tech companies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got an email asking for an interview that was scheduled for the following week. It was back to back back two-on-one interviews featuring six interviewers in all. I got a call back the very next day confirming the offer.

My biggest advice, particularly with this position, is to study up on both the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I were a client and you were JPMorgan, what questions would you ask from me before extending credit?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you learned about DCFs in class.   Answer Question
    • Why JPMorgan and why do you want to get into commercial banking?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They have pre-printed forms with a bunch of stupid questions that don't actually get to the heart of who you are and how successful you'll be in your position there. The interviewers stick to the script instead of asking real questions and getting to know the person. When there are mass interviews, the process takes around 30 minutes. If the organization is hiring a bunch of people, they barely even pay attention and just write down random stuff you say. If the interviewer likes you, they'll recommend you. If the interviewer doesn't like you, they won't. Pretty simple and straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with three people, who would it be and why? (including historical figures, people who have already passed, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. HR will not allow you to negotiate. If the offer doesn't meet your needs, don't accept the job. They will only make an exception in about 1% of cases.

Global Marketing Interview

Interview

One round of phone interview with 2 VP from APAC office. Asking markets and brain teasers. Also asked options and fixed income. Compared with other bank, JPM turned out to be more quantitative based.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I had a horrendous experience. I was borderline sexually assaulted. First, the interview didn't start until an hour after the scheduled time. Secondly, I was asked what my hobbies were outside work where the interviewer proceeded to show me his pecs. It was completely inappropriate. Never responded to any correspondence after that day.

2017 Technology Analyst Program - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (University of South Florida, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation via email to an on-campus interview two days prior the interview. Everyone was very nice during the interview process, which was split into two parts. Thirty minutes of behavioral questions and the other thirty minutes was technical questions. The behavioral part was easy. Most of the questions can be read in previous reviews. In the technical part, they asked me about the difference between pass by value and pass by reference and basic SQL concepts. I haven’t received an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate the uses of the three main principles of object-oriented programming.
      Describe agile and waterfall

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Networking event then three interviews for the superday. Only three rounds, but the interviewers were more senior, and had totally different styles. Not as technical as the first two rounds, but required candidates to have very good understanding of finance and pricing. It is better to prepare your story and lead them to the field that you are really good at.

Interview Questions

• ED
      1.Option payoff: (Max(s1,s2),0)+, find the p1,2 that could maximize the payoff(p1,2 = -1)
      2.Option payoff: 1(s>k), use which model to price it

VP
      3.go through your resume
      4.internship experience, discussed a strategy I developed before, asked a lot details
      5.assumptions of OLS
      6.why no multicolinearity; how to check multicolinearity (VIF), definition of VIF statistic, other methods without checking VIF? (large r squared, but none of the parameters is significant)
      7.stepwise

12.my exchange experience
      13.internship experience
      14.probability, classic 3 doors problem, should I switch
      15.conditional probability
      16.BS equation, why no u? (no arbitrage)
      17.difination of brownie motion

Finance Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview, got selected to move onto the next round, and got two additional back-to-back interviews at JP Morgan's headquarters. The process was what I would call "traditional", meaning it was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an event that recently happened on the financial markets which may affect our company?   1 Answer