J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst (Contract Position) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst (Contract Position) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst (Contract Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an independent recruiting firm for this position. She said that I fit the mold of the type of people that they liked to hire. She submitted my resume to them and I was accepted to the interview.

I met with a first lady who was young, but still in a fairly high level of management. She asked easy questions for about 20 minutes, then she passed me off to another lady who was possibly in a higher level of management.

The second lady clearly had not read my resume despite the fact that she couldn't do much work in the morning because their computer systems were down. She asked me a few other easy questions (some of the same ones). She looked up and down my resume and says "I don't see that you have an securities or trading experience. Correct?" Well, it was pretty obvious that I did not and although I knew the job involved securities and trades, it was an entry level position and whoever posted the job did not seem to think experience with trades was necessary. I told her that I was a quick learner. Next, she says, "We were really looking for someone with trade experience." Way to make it awkward ...

Apparently there was a disconnect between high level management and whoever was calling people in to interview who called me in the exact same day that my resume was actually submitted. Then, management didn't even bother to think of good questions to ask me which could have taken 5 - 10 minutes.

I just got a very bad vibe from this place despite the fact that they gave me the easiest interview questions ever.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from any other applicant to this position?   Answer Question