Want a Free Job Posting?

J.P. Morgan Investment Data Operations Specialist (Pricing Analyst) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Investment Data Operations Specialist (Pricing Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

I interviewed at JP Morgan for 3 different positions. One was in Fee Billing. First interview was with two managers-one I would be working with, and one other manager. I had been referred by a friend who worked on the team, and contrary to her telling me 'he is so funny and nice'..my to-be manager was a tad uptight. I got the interview call really soon after my friend had referred my resume. The interview overall did not go well, and I was declined. Next interview was for a Business Analyst position- It was the most unusual one-because I met with the manager for 2 mins (very informal), and then had to meet with the other 5 team members who I would be working with. In the end, they told me they liked me, but wanted more VBA experience. 3rd interview- Pricing Analyst position- I got called in by the recruiter from the first time-said it was because I had applied online. First round- manager, and then his boss separately. Second round- Interdepartmental interview with 2 managers who I wont be seeing again at all (Did not go well-in my opinion). Third round- Phone interview with a Manager in London. Finally got the offer, and I am so relieved alhum!!

Interview Questions

• Basic questions- What are your strengths, weaknesses? What are your long term goals? Why do you want to work for JP?   Answer Question
  • Tons of behavioral questions encountered in the whole process- What would you do if there was a problem within your team etc..   2 Answers
  • One difficult one was- How do you take charge of your learning?   1 Answer
  • For Pricing Analyst position- I was asked about Excel Keyboard shortcuts   Answer Question

Not flexible. Was given a number-saying it was appropriate for my 0-1 years of experience. It was a higher figure than the average, and other similar jobs I have applied for, so I was happy.