J.P. Morgan Private Banking - Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Private Banking - Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Private Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Overall a very streamlined process. Was contacted by someone who worked in the office who helped me set up the first round phone interview. Following the phone interview I was contacted by a recruiter who gave me information about Super Day interviews. Process took three weeks and was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the largest problems facing high and ultra-high net worth investors?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call with fit questions, basic market; "Tell me a story you are following"
    Super day with five 2 on 1 interviews, mostly about fit. It was a smaller branch and as such they were mostly looking to find someone they would want to work with who is capable rather than the good on paper bad in person type.

Interview Questions

• What is the best and worst previous work experience and why?   Answer Question

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via campus recruiting and via JPM website. The position was for the integrated team in a southern bank. I was contacted about a month later for a 15 minute phone interview. 80% behavioral/fit 20% market questions. Didn't think I did well (I didn't feel confident about my market answers), but I was contacted 2 weeks later with an invitation to attend a superday.

The superday consisted of two, 30 minute 2:1 interviews. 100% behavioral/fit. Absolutely no technical/market questions. Very conversational and extremely laid back. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and I was very comfortable there. There were about 7 other candidates.

I was called back 3 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know why you want to go into asset/wealth management. Know a lot about the company's background, structure and leadership. Smile and be confident.

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The first round phone interview was a lot about understanding what the position entailed

Private Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through campus portal and did first round interview on campus 2 weeks later. Invitation to final interview received 2-3 days later and did Super Day on-site a week afterwards. Very smooth, helpful process to learn more about the firm and what the senior private bankers do. Met many VPs, associates, and analysts along the way. Ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name our stock price today. What would you do if you find a mistake in your VP's documents for your client presentation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well organized. I applied on their website (rather than University Career Site), and was reached back out to within a month or two. Afterwards, we set up an call - pretty behavioral, at which, 2 days later, I was notified that I moved on to the Super Day the following week. The Super Day consisted of a networking event with the current Private Banking Analysts and other candidates and then two rounds of 30 minute 2:1 interviews. Heard back in 4 days with the offer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral - only questions specific to JPMorgan were the economy (where should JPM look) and why JPM.   Answer Question

I was working on a startup and it started to gain more traction that expected.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

My process was very simple, I applied online through their formal application. They then came on campus for interviews ( I go to a midwest Big Ten "target school"). I interviewed for 30 minutes with an analyst and an associate. I got a call exactly two weeks later with an offer. Others who interviewed with me had to super day in Chicago or NY, some who did a super day also received offers.

Interview Questions

• "Let's take a trip around the world and tell me what's going on in each macro environment."   1 Answer

Private Banking - Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online. Was contacted by recruiter and set up an initial phone interview. This was mostly questions about why I wanted this position and more fit based. They asked for interesting articles i had recently read etc. Passed this stage and flew out to a superday two weeks later. Arrived thursday night, and had two 2 on 1 interviews on Friday morning. These were both fit and more technical (such as my thoughts on the European stock market etc.). Wasn't as prepared as I could have been, none of the questions were too unexpected or unreasonable.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at our Income Statement? What do you think are the highlights and what are areas that could be improved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted of one hour phone interview followed by a final round at office location. Consisted of typical finance fit questions and one or two market questions with a small brain teaser/topic discussion. Was a very organized hiring experience and was not difficult to comply in anyway.

Interview Questions

• What country in the world do you believe utilizes wind energy the largest? why?   Answer Question

Private Bank Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Campus (Nepal)).

Interview

My school was a core school for JPM Private Bank. The application was submitted through the university career center and interviews took place on campus. It was a single, 30 minute interview with two alums that both worked for the Private Bank. The process also included a reception the night before at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Not too many technical questions: how the markets did last year, what's going on in financial news, and tell me how you'd invest $50 million were probably as technical as it got. One that caught me a little off guard was to explain what equities/fixed income was pretending that the interviewer knew nothing about finance   Answer Question