J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application via company website. I was contacted by email about 2 weeks after I applied to do an online interview via an APP/Website called HireVue since I was not living locally in the area for which I applied. About a 3 weeks after submitting my HireVue video I received an email from a recruiter asking to see if I was available to do a phone interview with 2 Market Directors who were interested in me. I did the phone interview the next day. Apparently they liked me so much that they were considering offering me the job right there over the phone. I mentioned that I was already planning on relocating to that area in the next 2 weeks so they held off on the offer so that they could meet me in person. When I moved there and showed up for the in-person interview I was surprised that it actually just turned out to be an informal meet and greet. We chatted for about 30 minutes. I went home and the next day I was formally offered the job. I was so shocked that this was such a great experience considering I had just retired from 20 years of military service and had never had a corporate job let alone any banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Vice President - Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Over the course of 30 days I had a phone screen with a recruiter as well as two interviews with different district managers. After the process I was made an offer and went through the background screening process. The screening that they did took about 2 weeks to come back. After the background screening clears you get a call from a special department that informs you that you are cleared to start.

Vice President - Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

It lasted for 2.5 hours. It was going great and the leadership questions were exactly what you would expect. However, they got into the sales processes and it got really serious. The regional did a role play with me and then did one with one of her branch managers. My scenario was with an existing customer and the branch managers was with a potential customer that had just come into the bank to set up an account. The existing branch manager of course knew their products and a new customer would require more questions. They made me feel inadequate and not only was I nervous but the Chase branch manager had a few things in her favor. They said Chase had a great training program so considering I was very successful at my last branch management position, it seems obvious I could learn their sales processes. The regional promised to contact me either way in a couple of weeks but I never heard a word from her. The interview was thorough but why ask the leadership questions if all that mattered was sales! I had 3 referrals and apparently that added no value either. Extremely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had a dissatisfied customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend that is currently working for Chase, and with that recommendation you are guarantied a H.R phone screening. Before you must pass a online situations that access your personality and ability. They have an incentive to pass you but you must do your homework by having relatable skills and seniors that helps them see you in this current role. The current employees get about $500 for getting you in if you pass. At the end, I asked what was the next step? and she told me she was setting me up with an face to face interview. I took a small binder with my accomplishments and pass successful audits, peer ranking, locations ranking, coaching documentation, and lastly a 30-60-90 day plan, that would help them visualize and I lead the interview. The interview was with two District Managers in there Market headquarters, and it was a very relax but professional environment. Make sure to use the S.T.A.R interviewing format. Explain the ........ S=Situation.. T=Task...A=Action...R=Results. I did not get the Job... and felt by there response at the end of the interview that this was more tailored as an internal position. Someone that they already know and has witness their capabilities, and I was coming from an other bank. Side note make sure to have questions ready for the end that shows how interested and knowledgeable you are in the role. Like what are some of the challenges as a leader you are having with your current BCM with Migrating customer to self serve options and what are you expectations? or What are some of the traits that is consistent with you top performers, that I as a new comer can start working on?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your 30-60-90 action plan   1 Answer
    • Walk me through a day as your current role as an Assistant Branch Manager?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had a Personal Banker that was not performing and was not hitting their numbers... what did you do?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Branch manager trainee ----Very long if external candidate (2 months was my experience thus far) I believe they post the requisition and since its a trainee position they probably don't rush hiring. I feel they just wait to see how many applicants they get and then they can be very selective. I started with applying online as an employee referral, I was then contacted by a recruiter to complete an online interview (one month after first applying ( Hirevue webcam screening is done for the recruiter) following that i had a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 district managers. 1st one was hiring manager. I met 2nd district manager 1 1/2 week later (no communication in between), he was a peer who probably was giving a 2nd opinion to the hiring district manager. Nearly two weeks later I get the decline ( not by email but by logging in to check my application status.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase ?
      Why did you leave your last job ?
      How would you grow deposits in the branch ?
      How did you achieve customer experience goals ? (overall satisfaction)
      What locations are you interested in ? (I applied to different locations)
      What are Chases top priorities ?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Interview

long interview. too many interviews. hard to contact. will not interview again. why did i ever apply to this job? they are making this process to long for nothing. why am i still typing a review for this company

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

online application, phone interview, district manager interview, market manager interview

Interview Questions

• what is customer service to you? what does it look like feel like?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they hire anon with banking experience

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

met with a DM and texted/talked on the phone a few other times before HR did a screening and offered. Total process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said they are already offering the most they can. Never increased from original offer.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

There is an assessment that has to be passed first. Then wait for a a call in for an interview then it will be first the hiring manager then the manager above them.

Interview Questions

• All questions discussed are involved with a "Tell me about a time"   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

As an internal candidate the decision is communicated to you before you actually get the position. So you should be very aware if it is going to happen or not. If you haven't had the decision communicated to you by the DM, its not going to happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it is just an offer - accept or decline.