J.P. Morgan Business Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business Intern Interview Questions

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Started out warm and I was eased of a little bit. They know you are a student and may be anxious, so they tried ease the pressure out and it worked for me. I grew more comfortable into the interview

Interview Questions

• If you could use technology to do anything you want to affect your personal life, what will that be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it wasn't negotiable

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I found the position through my university career postings. I had two rounds of interview, the first being an on campus 1:1 meeting and the second a phone interview with one of the managers a couple of weeks following the first one. I received my offer three more weeks after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you were able to accomplish a large task by accomplishing multiple, smaller tasks?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviewers were very laid back. They were primarily looking for personality and some programming experience (for me anyway). The questions were really not too hard:
    1) Name a time where you were forced into being a leader
    2) what is the sdlc
    3) Difference between creating technology in-house vs buying it from somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a team member who wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question
    • Name a challenging course or assignment that you had to take and what you did to succeed in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was extremely high, so I didn't bother negotiating. I don't think they would have let me negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Got the interview through career services at my school; One half-hour 1:1 interview and one half-hour 1:2 interview; Asked similar questions; Very fun and relaxing, yet a lot of behavioral questions throughout; People were very intelligent in their areas. Interview began with employee explaining their experiences at the company, then ask for more about yourself briefly, and then throughout conversation ask questions about your resume, experiences, and many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult client/peer/coworker and how did you work with them? What steps did you take?   Answer Question
    • Many other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship, so standard pay. Good money!

Business & Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Got first round interview through my college. It was a 30 min interview, and I was told I would be contacted for a phone interview within th next couple days if I had made it to 2nd rounds. I was never contacted and received an email saying they would not be pursuing my candidacy any longer about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you could not meet a commitment or deadline.   Answer Question

Operations and Business Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in November 2010.

Interview

I participated in Winning Women's Event. I submitted my resume and GPA to HR with the Winning Women's application. My application was accepted and I was invited to a 4 hour Winning Women Event. It consisted of a 30 minute networking session, a panel Q&A with women executives, a 15 minute 1:1 interview, and a tour of the Newark, DE campus. I was contacted exactly 2 weeks later with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized for poor performance.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a goal that you hope to accomplish.   Answer Question
    • Be prepared to network! As a large company, JP Morgan Chase excepts top performs to self-brand themselves. Also, take advantage of your time with executives, SPEAK UP and ask insightful questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations & Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Fairly easy. Asked typical behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Operations & Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was a basic one on one with basic behavioral questions. There weren't any difficult questions, i really like the interview process and was very comfortable with the interviewer. Although i haven't got any response so far as i just got done with the interview. This site was a lot of help and most of the questions asked were posted on here.