J.P. Morgan Licensing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensing Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Carpinteria, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

extensive interview/ background.. lots of levels to the interview in general, talk to different people constantly between recruiters, processors of paperwork, and the hiring managers. I would advise to ask as many quetions a s possible.

Interview Questions

• what is your past sales experience   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interviewed with the Branch Manager, a second Branch Manager in training, and the Marketing Director. I was told there is usually a second interview with the Marketing Director solely, but they decided to join last minute. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Education and work experience was discussed with a strong emphasis on sales. I was offered the position on the spot. Later that day I was contacted by HR with the official offer letter that showed a pay rate much less than what was discussed. I decided to sign it and began filling out employment forms. Took a drug test and finger prints the next day. The next week I was contacted from a member of the pre employment team requesting documentation and letters of explanation for items that were on my credit report from 2009. I was unable to provide one of the requested documents in a timely manner, so the offer was rescinded three weeks later. The whole process was a complete waste of time, energy, and not worth nearly a $2 pay cut. Had I not had a good relationship with my current employer, I'd be unemployed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. I met with a couple of Branch managers and regional executives. The whole process took a little over 3 hours. Some may feel pressure being that you are meeting with a team of executives all on the same day, But they make the process extremely easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by 3 people from chase, 2 of which were my previous managers. I received an un official interview with a store manager which lead to filling an application online, face to face interview with the market director, drug test and credit check, U4 applications and finally the offer.

Interview Questions

• previous history in my field, success stories, strengths and weaknesses, what will I bring to the table   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

First, group interviews at one of the central locations with multiple managers and the district manager, then one off interviews are different branches. Spoiler alert - the branch managers at the group interviews are there because they also have vacancies at their branches.

Oh, before all of that, you need to take an assessment which assesses your ability with numbers, sales, and IQ.

Interview Questions

• You said your current position is not for you because it's very back-office/non-interactive/operational. I am the kind of guy who likes that type of work. Tell me what type of person would thrive at your current job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Online test with initial application
    Phone with Hr -standard background questions
    Branch manager interview / district manger -(if more than one branch hiring they will have all branch managers -so it's like a board room interview )

Interview Questions

• Sell me this stapler ?(any random object in desk)   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard ..base pay not real room for negotiation but commission potential awesome

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview with a recruiter, after that they instruct you to complete a personality and knowledge test. A few days after completing the test you get another phone call to come in and interview. You do your in person interview at a branch where you will not be working. The interview consists of basic questions with a branch manger. If you do well at that they bring in the district manager who asks you similar questions and a role play. A week later they called and offered the position

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rockville Centre, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward with the questions. Mostly want to get to know you and how you have overcome difficult situations. You will meet with the management team of the particular branch where you will be placed and also the district manager of the district in which they manage.

Interview Questions

• Role playing a "difficult situation" which wasn't difficult at all if you come from a sales background.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation