J.P. Morgan Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

329 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before getting an offer. The first one was about four basic behavioral questions. The second interview was a little bit longer with about 8 questions. The process took about 3 weeks. Be prepare to answer question like why JP Morgan? Why operations? and basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you found a mistake in your presentation 10 minutes before presenting what do you do?
      Why JP Morgan?
      Why operations?
      How do you lead?
      Who's a leader you look up to and why?
      How do you handle having many tasks for a specific time period?
      What do you know about excel   1 Answer

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was separated into 2 parts, one "fit" interview and one traditional interview about my resume. It was pretty straight forward and easy, didn't think too much about it.

Didn't get to move forward, no response as to why. Coming from a non-target school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you look up to other than your parents and why?   Answer Question

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Interview

Meet the team and a hiring manager. Overall process was very professional and the team did a good job during the process. They have a team of recruiters and Hr staff who handle most of the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They have pre-printed forms with a bunch of stupid questions that don't actually get to the heart of who you are and how successful you'll be in your position there. The interviewers stick to the script instead of asking real questions and getting to know the person. When there are mass interviews, the process takes around 30 minutes. If the organization is hiring a bunch of people, they barely even pay attention and just write down random stuff you say. If the interviewer likes you, they'll recommend you. If the interviewer doesn't like you, they won't. Pretty simple and straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with three people, who would it be and why? (including historical figures, people who have already passed, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. HR will not allow you to negotiate. If the offer doesn't meet your needs, don't accept the job. They will only make an exception in about 1% of cases.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter one day and then interviewed with the hiring manager. After one week, I interviewed with different people in different groups. The whole went smooth and I did enjoy talking with the people in JP Morgan. Most of them is behavior questions and make sure you know the position well and tell how you are able to fit for it. Haven't heard any updated news from them yet.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to set up two short phone interviews. Very typical interview that focused on your experience and on company history. Depending on your location, these meetings may be in person. Less than a week later, I received an offer. Extremely easy process that was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with what is happening in the financial industry and can you give me an example something that happened recently.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through JP Morgan Career website and then got the response on the next day says that i am invited to have the 30 minutes back to back interviews with the Newark, Delaware offices. Both interviews are very relaxing and all of them are heavily behavioral related questions. Just keep calm and be yourself. But I do did a very comprehensive research on the company website. From the Company culture, business principles and current global initiatives. Then I received phone call on the next business day from the HR to receive the offer. All the questions on glass door were super helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you work for JP Morgan?
      Tell me something you know about Operation?
      Tell me something about JP Morgan chase's brands, products and customers?
      Tell me an experience that you made a critical change for the group?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University. The process was very long due to few postpone days.

Originally, I was scheduled for a face to face interviews; however, due to few postpone days they decided to do phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and things went wrong? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your best skill?   Answer Question

Derivative Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was a formal interview in office with the vice presidebt of the team. It consisted of the basic intervuew questions; strengths, weaknesses, skills, and questions aboyt the company; why i want to work for the company, what can i contribute to the team, how do i stand out amongst my peers, why should i be hired.

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my university's career center in September then had a phone interview a couple weeks later. Following the phone interview I was asked to come to the location for a Super Day event.