J.P. Morgan Operations specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Operations specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They have pre-printed forms with a bunch of stupid questions that don't actually get to the heart of who you are and how successful you'll be in your position there. The interviewers stick to the script instead of asking real questions and getting to know the person. When there are mass interviews, the process takes around 30 minutes. If the organization is hiring a bunch of people, they barely even pay attention and just write down random stuff you say. If the interviewer likes you, they'll recommend you. If the interviewer doesn't like you, they won't. Pretty simple and straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with three people, who would it be and why? (including historical figures, people who have already passed, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. HR will not allow you to negotiate. If the offer doesn't meet your needs, don't accept the job. They will only make an exception in about 1% of cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter one day and then interviewed with the hiring manager. After one week, I interviewed with different people in different groups. The whole went smooth and I did enjoy talking with the people in JP Morgan. Most of them is behavior questions and make sure you know the position well and tell how you are able to fit for it. Haven't heard any updated news from them yet.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

I Initially came in to the office building to interview with two individuals. After this initial interview, if I remember correctly, there was a follow-up interview. Overall, the interview process was well-organized and comprehensive and about what I would have expected from a company of this size and stature.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Credit Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tempe, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied to the position on 12/11/2015 received a email for a digital interview on 12/21/15 i was contacted by a recruiter the following day and had a short phone interview and was scheduled for an in person interview on 12/24/2015. Since the holiday was approaching recruiters where out of the office i called another recruiter on 12/30 who stated i would be extended an offer.

Lead Teller Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

a Series of questions related to the operations experience you have, customer service and bank regulations, online application, assessment test, it depends if you are internal it is easy a pretty fast, if you are external it could take over a month

Interview Questions

• tell me a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer what made the situation difficult and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

MORTGAGE BANKING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed within 25 minutes in was perfect timing and not boring at all, My interviewer was in l\her last week of pregnancy and she was very uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with me, she informed me that she had been having some light contraction all day, this was more than understandable.

Interview Questions

• HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT PIPELINE MANAGEMENT   1 Answer

Lead Teller Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy as I already knew the manager. But they basically just ask you customer related questions, how you work with other people and customers. Also, if you can multi task as it is very much needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked me the most general questions, such as Excel skills and intern experience. You should be very familiar with your resume, even the smallest details because that is the only material they have on hand up to that time. They are very nice and good persons, and the talks are very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Contact from recruiter, interviewed against immediate supervisor and immediate manager. Consisted of vauge, general business scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach difficult employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview

A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager