J.P. Morgan Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.8

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first got a phone call from a Branch Manager saying he/she wanted me to come in so he/she could better describe the position to me. After meeting with him/her he told me that he/she wanted me to meet with his/her manager.

Two days later I met with the district manager and he/she went into even more details about what a PB would be doing. He/she described pay, benefits, and a timeline of the on-boarding process.

About 4 Business days later I got a call from HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First you get a phone call scheduling a phone interview, than you get your phone interview with some basic sales question scenarios. If you do well you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. If all goes well there you may have one more interview, but up hey, you may just get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

As in all interviews: You have to present yourself; your qualifications; job experiences what are you looking for; salary and bonuses, customer service experience; how you deal with the clients; strength; weaknesses; what do you think for the position's requirements; how open are you to handle all problems at work; your creativity; your abilities; are you a leader or you want to take orders from the others; do you like to work as a team or alone; what are your hobbies;

Interview Questions

• Relating my experiences in the past and how was my customer service experiences.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in Banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was an interaction that judge your skills in sales as a personal bankers and how good you are in developing you own business. Regularly background check of where you coming from and if you are fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell your product?   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interviewed with the Branch Manager, a second Branch Manager in training, and the Marketing Director. I was told there is usually a second interview with the Marketing Director solely, but they decided to join last minute. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Education and work experience was discussed with a strong emphasis on sales. I was offered the position on the spot. Later that day I was contacted by HR with the official offer letter that showed a pay rate much less than what was discussed. I decided to sign it and began filling out employment forms. Took a drug test and finger prints the next day. The next week I was contacted from a member of the pre employment team requesting documentation and letters of explanation for items that were on my credit report from 2009. I was unable to provide one of the requested documents in a timely manner, so the offer was rescinded three weeks later. The whole process was a complete waste of time, energy, and not worth nearly a $2 pay cut. Had I not had a good relationship with my current employer, I'd be unemployed.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boulder, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

A formality after being tapped for the position by the District Manager after closing my accounts. The entire interview process was very tedious and involved a lot of waiting on my part.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Involved HR staff helped make the process as smooth and clear as possible. There are several tests and interviews before being placed. While it's intensive, the recruiter was very helpful.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interview was great. Lots of interaction. Met with branch manager. Only took about 30 minutes. Would be in contact soon. Was a good experience. Wasn't as tough as I was expecting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Focus on being up beat, organized and well presented. They do intensive training so knowing their products are not important.
    Questions are around how well organized you are and your focus on customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Online test with initial application
    Phone with Hr -standard background questions
    Branch manager interview / district manger -(if more than one branch hiring they will have all branch managers -so it's like a board room interview )

Interview Questions

• Sell me this stapler ?(any random object in desk)   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard ..base pay not real room for negotiation but commission potential awesome