J.P. Morgan Relationship Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was invited via email to apply due to my resume matching the job requirements. I was scheduled to meet with several managers in one day along with other candidates chosen.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to share my prior experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2016.

Interview

Three panel interview. A total of 10 behavioral questions were asked. Pretty easy if you spend time going over behavioral interview questions available online. It took about two weeks to get a response.

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn about an opportunity that they had available in a different market than the one that I lived in. The person on LinkedIn got a HR recruiter involved a few days later and we had a conversation which went really well. The next step consisted of me speaking over the phone with four or five different Area Managers. They determined that they wanted to fly me to their office for an in person meeting which consisted of me meeting with a couple of people who would be my teammates, lunch, some time driving around the market with my soon to be manager, and happy hour with my manager and his boss.

Interview Questions

• How will I adjust and build my network in a new market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from a recruiter a week later. Phone interview with the recruiter. Then phone interview with hiring manager. Afterwards, I was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager and his peer. The next week interviewed with the District manager. Two weeks later interviewed with the market manager

Negotiation

really no negotiation

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview

Great introduction to the company and layout of the benefits, great conversation and very informative interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

Online application contained assessment questions such as financial calculations, management decisions, etc. My background is financial services so the questions were quite easy and didn't find them too difficult. The assessment questionnaire must be included with the online application to be considered for the position.
    The application process was frustrating. You were given about an hour to complete the assessment, which I completed, given that my computer was slow. I received the email confirming they received my application, then 4 minutes later, I received the letter of denial. I thought it was unreasonable and insensitive for JP Morgan Chase to treat potential applicants this way: taking and hour to complete their assessment and online application, only to be rejected 4 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Assessment questionnaire included mortgage and lending calculations, savings interest percentages, management situations, etc.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. The phone interview lasted maybe ten minutes, half of which was static because the recruiters phone didn't have a clear connection. The recruiter was difficult to understand and her accent was very thick. She advised that the hiring manager would contact me within a week or two. A month later, I emailed her and asked the status of the position. She then responded with an odd question of when I would be relocating. I never discussed relocating with her so when I asked her for some clarification, I received the automated rejection email.

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Sacramento, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy; just the typical questions from the direct manager, actually he did most of the talking. In my case, I did not have to interview with the next level of management, but that is typically the requirement.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Chase? Do some research on the company; it does have a very interesting history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tempe, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I have been with this company for several years and it appears that the questions for every position are exactly the same. They questions are very typical as you would expect in an interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you have an irate customer and how were you able to defuse the customer and overcome the situation.   Answer Question