J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First there was a short phone interview, then there was a video question interview, then I attended a superday where I had multiple in person interviews at the main building in new york city

Interview Questions

• What is asset allocation, what something you've read interesting in the journal lately, many behavioral questions i.e. tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Equity Sales Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA).

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by a second round super day. The super day consisted of 3 Executive Directors asking mostly personality based questions and a few analytic brainteasers. The interviewers were all very personable and laid back. I found the process to be really enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to call out a superior in order to accomplish the teams goal?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Tough first round of technicals and cases at my university. Final round was genuine, they wanted to get to know me and let me get to know the firm. Once I got the offer they told me within 24 hours and were willing to make time for phone calls to help me make the best decision between banks

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at my university's career fair, recruiting team was very nice and looking for programming/business IT students. I applied online directly to their website for the position, and was emailed to schedule an on campus interview within just a few days. The interview took about an hour and I was interviewed by 2 people, one was very friendly and asked questions about my personal/school life, the other wasnt as friendly and slightly condescending but asked questions about my experience with code/development then handed me a sheet of code to read output. Overall, the recruiting team was very nice and very interested in motivated students. Only 2 other students attended the same interview with different interviewers. A few days after the interview I was called and congratulated for being selected with some other info about pay/location/time.

Interview Questions

• "What was a difficult project or assignment you overcame"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they made an amazing offer and asked for a decision within 2 weeks.

Summer Financial Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Applied on their website for their Launching Leaders program and got an offer to fly out to Delaware to interview for their super day. The super day was well organized and informative. The company did a great job in getting all the Candidates comfortable by allowing us to ask questions with financial analysts and breaking us off into groups. After that I had two back to back 30 minute interviews and heard back within two weeks.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I received two phone interviews back to back . One was a behavioral and the next was technical both were suppose to be about 30 minutes in length but the behavioral was a little shorter. I say it was negative because both interviewers had thick accents , which is not ideal for phone interviews and I caught myself having to ask them to repeat the question a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a finance company opposed to other tech companies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got an email asking for an interview that was scheduled for the following week. It was back to back back two-on-one interviews featuring six interviewers in all. I got a call back the very next day confirming the offer.

My biggest advice, particularly with this position, is to study up on both the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I were a client and you were JPMorgan, what questions would you ask from me before extending credit?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you learned about DCFs in class.   Answer Question
    • Why JPMorgan and why do you want to get into commercial banking?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and my school and got a call back a few days later for an on-campus interview. I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. The first interview was much more casual and more like a conversation. The second interview was a bit more intense and technical. In addition to questions about projects, they gave me one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used the principles of OOP.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

2017 Technology Analyst Program - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (University of South Florida, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation via email to an on-campus interview two days prior the interview. Everyone was very nice during the interview process, which was split into two parts. Thirty minutes of behavioral questions and the other thirty minutes was technical questions. The behavioral part was easy. Most of the questions can be read in previous reviews. In the technical part, they asked me about the difference between pass by value and pass by reference and basic SQL concepts. I haven’t received an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate the uses of the three main principles of object-oriented programming.
      Describe agile and waterfall
      Answer Question

Credit Risk Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The first round was a 30 minute phone interview by one of the VPs from the credit risk airlines division. Very sweet and understanding lady; she even commented that "that's a very impressive resumé " and it was all behavioural qs. She asked me about team leadership skills, me being able to explain complicated things in simplified version etc. Invited to the second round with very short notice: I was only given 1 day to prepare, and 1 day to travel to NYC for the interview next day. The final round consisted if three back to back interviews on a 1:1 ratio. The format was divided up into 1) behaviorals 2) Markets 3) technicals, with a few easy brain teasers thrown here and there. The technical part if the interview was very niche and I was asked to answer very specific qs as opposed to general finance qs. So naturally very hard for those who are non-finance majors. The key is to remain calm and answer confidently and clearly no matter what you do- your competition will always be stuff but at least you can prepare well enough to give them a good competition so it's harder for the employers to decide ;)

Interview Questions

• How does the credit look like for a retail company compared to a financial institution?   Answer Question
    • If you raise $250,000 - half of it in cash and half if it in loans-how does it affect the financial statements?   Answer Question