J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Summer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

670 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and received an online hirevue quiz. About 4 questions all with 2 minute responses, very straightforward and easy to do. Did not receive an offer following that interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through their website, got a phone call interview within a week. It was in equity research and the analyst who called me seemed very friendly. He talked me through the firm and his personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why JP morgan, Why the division you're applying for, pitch a stock   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied online and spoke with them at the career fair at my college and was invited by email to a Higher view interview. It took about 30 minutes and they asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick second decision   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Fairly straightforward behavioral interview. A lot of "name a time when ____ happened." I don't think a lot of preparation is needed if you've done behavioral interviews before. The people were all very nice and wanted to see you succeed in the interview which always helps.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was overall a very smooth interview. 2- 30 minute parts, one technical and one about how you would fit in/ leadership skills. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel like you were having a casual conversation. It was pretty good for an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through the winning women program. Got a link for the online first round. Got an invitation to New York for the 2 day Super Day. Interviewed at the end of the 2ndd day

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through their student career portal and received an invitation to do an online video interview a couple of weeks later. Had to record my answers to several questions and got 3 tries for every question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I talked to JPMC recruiters at my University's Career fair and was given an interview for the next day. There were two 30-minute back to back interviews. The first interview was 1 on 1 and it was to learn more about your technical background and they asked some basic questions, no whiteboard coding. The second interview was behavioral and 2 on 1. They asked questions to see if you would be a good fit and can work well with others. I received my offer three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner and outer join?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a summer internship for the Corporate & Investment banking position. I received an email back about 3 days later (right after deadline) asking to "record a video responses to 3 questions." They were mostly behavioral questions that you would get at any normal job. Be prepared, no one is on the other side so it is awkward to watch yourself interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had to be quick in coming to a decision. Explain the situation, your thought process and the final decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked on a team and what was your role on the team?   Answer Question
    • What attracts you to JP Morgan and what attracts you to the Investment banking position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview into phone interview into superday
    Currently at phone interview stage, so far so good
    Mostly fit questions and questions about the market so prepare for those. Not really very technical though knowing basic macroeconomics (like how interest rates affect bonds etc. are important)

Interview Questions

• Recent market trend you read about, pitch me something etc.   Answer Question