J.P. Morgan Technology Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

From school Career website, only 1 day, two rounds (Technology + Behavioral ).

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied through school website, got an interview a few weeks later. Face to face interview at school. 2 30 minute interviews with 2 different interviewers. 1 was all behavioral, pretty easy and relaxed. 1 was more technical asking about programming experience, IT-type questions.

Interview Questions

• How does DNS work and what happens when a DNS server does down?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

One on-campus interview. Mostly behavioral with two or three oop conceptual questions.

Summer Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Syracuse, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

1 onsite interview, Simple questions about resume and interest for the company

Interview Questions

• How will you handle Big Data   1 Answer

Technology Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

JPMorgan employees came to my university to conduct interviews; I interviewed with two people. I expected to answer programming/algorithm/data structure questions. To my surprise, however, the interview consisted of mainly personality/leadership questions. The only tech-related question I was asked was, "what is the software development life cycle?"

Interview Questions

• What is the software development life cycle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, which makes sense since this was an intern position. Honestly, I would not recommend this internship to computer science or engineering majors, as it is more business-oriented. I am glad to have the experience (and the "JPMorgan" name) on my resume; but I think this job is better suited for MIS majors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

General behaviorial interview question. Didn't not ask any in depth technical questions. Asked for definition of a lot of generic stuff. For example, what object orient programming is, describe software life cycle, explain what a derivative is, what an option is, how jp morgan makes money, etc

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

An on campus interview by an alum, which was relaxed and surprisingly fast. Asked why I want to work in the finance industry, how does JPMC make money, which threw me off a little. Then went over my resume. Was asked a brain teaser at the end, which wasn't incredibly difficult. Heard back that I got the internship only 2 weeks later.

This was my first on campus interview, so I had no idea what to expect and was quite surprised I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but got my location changed from NYC to chicago.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consists of 4 stages. Online test comes first. Telephone interview follows it. The next step consists of 2 face to face interviews: one general interview and the other a technology interview. The last stage consists of group exercise. You'll have to work in a group of 6-7 people.

Interview Questions

• Share your experience about any software that you find annoying and how would you improve it. Tell us what thing about the software you find the most annoying and why? What steps would you take to improve it? Use relevant terminology.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)) in December 2013.

Interview

1st round - Half hour telephone Interview. Typical telephone interview questions (Describe yourself, why finance industry, why JP Morgan, experience with programming languages, other applications so far).

2nd round - Two 2 on 1 face-to-face interviews, each lasting half an hour. The first interview is a technical interview testing your programming experience. Try to sound technical all the time. The second interview is a behavioral interview in which they test you for several competencies. They give you certain situations and ask you how you will behave if put in those situations. Try to sound professional all the time.

Stay relaxed but do not get too informal.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying for an application developer position only because there are more openings for application developer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on the website and through my University's career search website (both required). I was called in for an on-campus interview in mid-October. It was two back-to-back one-on-one final-round interviews with VP's in the field.

They asked a range of questions, ranging from personality battery to technical skills to work experience. The second interviewer in particular had a battery of technical questions on a variety of disciplines within Technology (networking, software engineering, programming paradigms), of which I was able to answer up to an intermediate level.

A couple of weeks later, I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the 'Singleton' pattern? What is the 'Visitor' pattern? What is the 'Brick' (?) pattern?   Answer Question