J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hurst, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was more like a conversation verses interview. By the time it was over I realized I had definitely been interviewed! When I went over it in my head we had covered more than it felt like.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I remember was..What do you think is the most important job of a Teller is?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One half-hour interview with the Vice President of the branch. Questions were either qualitative (describe yourself, list your strengths) or they were situational (how would you handle an upset customer, tell me a time you contributed within a team environment). I was given the chance to pose questions at the conclusion of the interview. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase?
      What regulations do you know of as they pertain to tellers or commercial banks?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Did the application was called for an interview a few days later. The interview went very well but I was not offered the job. It was one of the best interviews I had, I assume the other candidate had previous banking experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you taught a customer how to use technology   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First I applied online than got an email from the recruiter to do an interview via hire vue which is about 8 questions you have 30 seconds to prepare for each once and 3 minutes to answer. They do let you practice before taking the actual one but not with questions they will ask you once you start .the hirevue is just you recording yourself answering. Make sure to dress appropriate. After that you get called from branch manager to do in person interview usually with 2 personal/relationship bankers

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for chase?   Answer Question
    • think of a time you helped a friend / relative learn new technology and how it benefited them .   Answer Question
    • think of a time you experienced great customer service and what about that experience did you like ?   Answer Question
    • what would you describe the role as a teller with chase ?   Answer Question
    • are you flexible with our hours ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

12/hr no negotiations

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

I have interviewed at 3 different branches. All the exact same interview process and questions. Each branch seems to be more concerned with how long I plan on being at their company as opposed to my work experience or whether I would be a good fit or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

After I completed the application on their careers site, they asked me me to do a video phone interview via HireVue within 3 days they sent out the link. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with 8 questions, each should be 3 minutes. I had 30 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your background and experience help you succeed in the job?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to be our teller?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you explained how to use technology to another person.   Answer Question
    • Explain how modern technology helps you simplify personal, finance, or daily tasks.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you work and follow procedures, policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Altadena, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The two people interviewing me, a man and a woman, were late in starting the interview. Next, as soon as they asked me each interview question, before I was able to start answering, noticed both of them looking away, as if distracted/uninterested. They both did this after each and every question, before I even had a chance to answer. So it seems as if they had already made up their minds before even asking me to come in. Sure enough, three days later, I get a rejection letter. Waste of time and quite rude.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied received an email from recruiter the next day. Did a online interview and was canned the next day to do an in person interview. Process took a few days.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email about 3 days later for a digital interview. Digital interview was different from what I had previously done but very easy to go through. The questions were a bit repetitive and there were 13 of them. Still no offer but it's only been a week.

Interview Questions

• -How does your previous work and/or educational experience help you with the position you are applying for?
      -Why chase?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process took one hour. Interview was done with two other individuals. It was an average interview. I prepared myself before so that helped. Taking a resume helps as well even though they already have a copy.