J.P. Morgan Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. first round interview was actually a dinner/networking event. Some were then selected to move onto superdays. Met with 3 people, 30 minutes each. First interview was very friendly, all behavioral. Second interviewer was more markets based. Third interviewer was very distracted / unengaged (potentially an interviewing tactic, potentially just not interested), and asked only brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• how many gallons of nail polish are used ever year in Manhattan?
      What stocks do you like?   Answer Question

Trading Support Interview

Interview

Nothing technical. Basically went through resume especially on relevant experiences. Added few question about what the product is. But they apparently care about whether you have relevant background the most.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst (APAC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website, but all the coordination and interviews were done by their campus recruiting team. Overall, had two interviews, one with an analyst, one with a VP, and super day was in their NY headquarters with 4MDs each from either Singapore and Hong Kong. I applied right when the application opened, but I didn't hear back until December. However, once I head back, the next steps happened very fast, back to back and I was offered the job by mid-January.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the something interesting in the market and it's affect on the market.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be in sales & trading?   1 Answer
    • Why J.P. Morgan?   1 Answer
    • Your usual "talk me through your resume questions" - Also, if you have anything quantitative or investing related, make sure you learn everything about it.   1 Answer
    • Paint me a picture of you without using anything from your resume. Tell me about you.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two 30 minute phone interviews about a week apart and then I had a superday about a month later that consisted of three 30 minute interviews over 3 hours. The interviewers were nice and allowed you plenty of opportunity to show yourself in a good light.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technical questions. ( Where do you see oil price going?)   Answer Question

Trade Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

Called by a recruiter for the interview. Asked the basic questions like why should we hire you? Also, why are you interested in this position? Was interviewed by two loan teams and never heard back.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to the west coast reception with 40 other students from the west coast and then offered a phone interview with the chairman of the reception. Surprisingly there was no behavioral questions at all during the phone interview which I had prepared for. The whole interview was consisted of brain teasers and investment questions

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The worst thing I've ever experienced. The most informal, waste of time thing I have ever done in my life. Don't even bother with JP Morgan and interview somewhere else. My interviewer barely had enough time for me and I wish I never wasted my time applying or bothering with JP Morgan

Sales & Trading Internahip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I got an email from them asking if I could call them to talk about my interests in the internship. He had to hangup to make a trade, but called back and asked me basic questions. I was expecting more time to prepare, therefore he could tell I was unprepared and did not follow up.

Sales and Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was overall positive. They conducted campus interview, and flew me to New York for the Superday. The Superday was fun. They intentionally split up the questions so that we do not get repeated questions from different interviewers. I get the feeling that they emphasize more on personality and whether you are smart or not than actual technical skills.

Interview Questions

• How much would you sell a building in midtown New York?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I attended a networking reception in New York City and followed up with a couple of analysts and MDs that I met to get an interview. Overall, the interview process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why S&T?
      Do you follow the markets? Tell me about some recent events.
      Greatest weakness   Answer Question