J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.9

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fairview, NJ).

Interview

I interviewed for a Business Improvement role in one of the majors LOBs. A total of two interviews - one with and ED and the other one with a VP. All went ok and was told by the ED that another round of interviews was forthcoming. Weeks went by and didn’t hear from the ED or the recruiter. Sent a follow up email to the recruiter and received no response. Finally, sent a thank you letter to the Managing Director ... and then, voila, I got the canned rejection email within hours of sending my email. I was being considered for a different role but decided to withdraw my application. A total waste of time and effort. Stay away from the unit I mentioned above.

Interview Questions

• What is your wheelhouse in terms of improvement i.e. strategy, change management, analytics, insights, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2017.

Interview

Four rounds of interviews (combination of onsite & phone). Communication was poor, correspondences were often untimely and appointments were frequently missed or delayed. Did not even bother to notify me of decision despite multiple rounds of interviews that were a significant investment of my time. Had to chase multiple times for an answer.

I understand we are all busy but please have some basic courtesy and respect for the candidate’s time, especially those who’ve endured a prolonged and lengthy interview process. This experience reflects very poorly on the company and makes me question their desirability as an employer.

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Interview

Meet the team and a hiring manager. Overall process was very professional and the team did a good job during the process. They have a team of recruiters and Hr staff who handle most of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

JpMorgan recruiter does the initial interview. Will ask the typical questions and determine if you have the background to move to the next step. Mine was a Blue Jean interview due to the head of the department was based in london

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three phone interviews with the hiring recruiter. A scheduling assistance coordinated four meetings with interviewers. There is usually a long wait with no feedback provided.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you recommend based on your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with recruiter (about an hour). All general questions. Then First panel. Then second panel. Then last one with whole team (very causal). They offered the position, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell about the time when you didn't follow the protocol and compliance recommendations?   1 Answer

Vice President AGC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long. The people you meet with are not always connected to the position that you are interviewing for and the communication with HR is not the best. The salary seems to be predetermined and not raised in the interviews at all. More disclosure regarding the range of salary and bonus structure would be welcomed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

very picky, most of the times they don't know what or who they want. Promise you a lot and not giving you anything. lots of people interview who have no idea of who you are or what you are interviewed for

Administrative Assistant to VP's Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Interview was handled by one of the VP's I was to work for. It was a pleasant Q&A session held in less then 30 minutes. Location was of the office was convenient for me and I was also given a tour of the office and was introduced to the staff on that day.

Interview Questions

• How would I cope with a fast pace atmosphere while handling more then one VP at the same time?
      This was the primary concern they had for this particular job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds plus phone interview. Interviewers were nice but asked a good number of substantive questions. First round was a group interview (2 on 1). Second round was one on one

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to the organization?   Answer Question