J.P. Morgan Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Interview

Meet the team and a hiring manager. Overall process was very professional and the team did a good job during the process. They have a team of recruiters and Hr staff who handle most of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

JpMorgan recruiter does the initial interview. Will ask the typical questions and determine if you have the background to move to the next step. Mine was a Blue Jean interview due to the head of the department was based in london

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with recruiter (about an hour). All general questions. Then First panel. Then second panel. Then last one with whole team (very causal). They offered the position, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell about the time when you didn't follow the protocol and compliance recommendations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three phone interviews with the hiring recruiter. A scheduling assistance coordinated four meetings with interviewers. There is usually a long wait with no feedback provided.

Interview Questions

• What changes would you recommend based on your experience?   Answer Question

Vice President AGC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long. The people you meet with are not always connected to the position that you are interviewing for and the communication with HR is not the best. The salary seems to be predetermined and not raised in the interviews at all. More disclosure regarding the range of salary and bonus structure would be welcomed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

very picky, most of the times they don't know what or who they want. Promise you a lot and not giving you anything. lots of people interview who have no idea of who you are or what you are interviewed for

Administrative Assistant to VP's Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Interview was handled by one of the VP's I was to work for. It was a pleasant Q&A session held in less then 30 minutes. Location was of the office was convenient for me and I was also given a tour of the office and was introduced to the staff on that day.

Interview Questions

• How would I cope with a fast pace atmosphere while handling more then one VP at the same time?
      This was the primary concern they had for this particular job.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds plus phone interview. Interviewers were nice but asked a good number of substantive questions. First round was a group interview (2 on 1). Second round was one on one

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can contribute to the organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

They have about 5-6 people come to interview you in a room. In hindsight, no one that interviewed me knew what the job was or really read my resume. At first I thought it was a privilege to work there but now I know that turnover was so bad they took anyone that was qualified.

Interview Questions

• This was supposed to be a quantitative role so the questions were statistics and SAS oriented. Unfortunately my actual role had nothing to do with either of those. I did not even have SAS on my computer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position online. A lady from HR based in London called me to ask me my previous compensation details. After a day HR from Ohio called to set up interview with HIring Manager and her boss and one other person on level of hiring manager. Interview was video conferencing. Next week again HR from Ohio contacted for another video conferencing interviews with three persons in the same department. Interview was very casual. Never heard back after that. Called to check the status and got to know I am not being considered further. No feedback and no email communication.