J.P. Morgan Business banking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Business banking Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was the typical screening process with the recruiter, discussing pay expectations for them to determine if you're even within the viable range for the role.

Subsequently there were interviews with the hiring manager, the CFO for the line of business, and regional managers for the territory that you would be covering.

Five interviews plus the initial screening over a five week period plus a case study to complete and submit within a week.

I felt that the recruiter did a poor job at explaining the process and expectations.

After five weeks into the process, I tried to have a more specific conversation around compensation, in the reporter stated that she could not confirm expectations but asked me for my ideal range. I throughout a number, and she snapped back and said "if that's on the low-end, I can tell you right now that it's not going to happen" - I never once said it was the low-end, I simply just answered her question as to what would be ideal. Never did she provide me with any pay information, so I was just left guessing and spending a lot of time doing interviews for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you improved a business process in the result of that improvement.   Answer Question

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

I had to take a standard test regarding behavioral situations and Math equations. Once I passed the tests, I had an initial phone interview with the Business Area Manager. After that, I had three more interviews in person at all different management levels. It took about two weeks for the offer to come.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First you get a phone call scheduling a phone interview, than you get your phone interview with some basic sales question scenarios. If you do well you will then be scheduled for an in person interview. If all goes well there you may have one more interview, but up hey, you may just get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Focus on being up beat, organized and well presented. They do intensive training so knowing their products are not important.
    Questions are around how well organized you are and your focus on customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online and used my friend's name as a referral. I was contacted couple days later by a recruiter, had my phone interview, and a formal interview with the branch manager and district manager. I was offered the position 2 hours later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was promoted internally. The interview was easy a few years ago, but they barely hire anymore

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me that the salary they offered was the final offer.

Personal Banker Small Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in April 2011.

Interview

My interview was unique in that I was only interviewed via phone.

Interview Questions

• How often do you see yourself out of the branch making sales calls?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. I was offered the position, told that the salary was set at ... and asked if I would accept the position.

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was an internal hire coming from a personal banker position. It was more about the why I wanted to become a BB, goals, and how much did it know about standard small businesses. Great to be familiar with what is a sole prop, partnership, LLC, corp. Requirements per state, any ins and outs on how to go about setting your business in a formal way.

Interview Questions

• None, as internal was more of a conversation than an interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was room for negotiation, I think being hard and confident can bring results. I think the range salary wise was up to 50,000. They also dont want you to make ur check out the salary as most of it comes from sales and commission. Bring it up with the hiring manager as the manager makes the decision and informs HR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Melville, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

they have a strong interviewing process and very though training went for training in the city for 2 weeks and then to the branch then back to the city of about 2 months

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was very streamlined

Personal Banker/Small Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bridgeport, CT) in September 2010.

Interview

I am a returning employee, confirming that JPMorgan Chase is a great company to work for. The interview process is a bit more tedious than the first time, but that can also be due to a different geographical area. When I first joined, there was an interview with the branch manager and district manager. Apparently they've added a third interviewer, the market manager, which I believe has really benefited the company by weeding out weaker applicants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are applying for a sales position you are expected to negotiate. If you don't even attempt to negotiate at your interview, why would anyone want you on their sales team. Negotiated and offered top base pay.