J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,585 Interview Reviews

2.9

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and then got link in email for video questions. Questions would pop-up on the screen and then you had 3 minutes to answer while the video was recording.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was telephonic with the recruiter to screen me. Then with the hiring manger, there were 3-4 In-person. And there were some teleconference interview as well. The questions that were asked were all negative.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Tell me a time when you were not able to meet the challegenge   Answer Question
    • Q2. Tell me a time when u missed the deadline   Answer Question
    • Q3. Tell me a time when you were not able to work with an employee   Answer Question
    • Q4. Tell me a time when you are not able to see eye to eye with the management   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2017.

Interview

Worst interview process. Got contacted by a recruiter. Matched the job qualifications and got ignored. Scheduling phone interviews was impossible. I was unable to successfully reach out to the recruiter by phone and email. Email responses from the recruiter took 1-2 days per email. When I got a phone call from him it rang for less than 1 second and when I called back, the call was ignored. When I finally got to schedule the phone interview, he called after my availability. We scheduled a second phone interview and never got a call. When I emailed him, I never got a response. Unprofessional and poor communication.

Global Wealth Management/Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for over a year total. 12+ interviews. Asset managers are great, but HR is awful. Very bureaucratic and unforgiving.

Pros: Strong reputation as the largest AUM firm, great, salary and benefits, perks, etc.

Cons: The people who hire you are not the ones who will be working with you... this is very flawed and leads to miscommunication and disorganization. On-boarding and pre-employment teams are rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your résumé.   1 Answer
    • What would you tell a client to invest in?   1 Answer
    • Why JPMorgan?   1 Answer
    • Why Asset Management?   1 Answer
    • Technical Question: How many toothbrushes are there in London?   1 Answer
    • Sell me this painting. (Painting hanging on a wall)   1 Answer
    • Would you want to work full time in Asset Management?   1 Answer
    • What stock/sector has your attention currently?   1 Answer

Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

interview was tough they will ask mainly technical with som epuzle.asked about java nd all.it was very tough process and theya sk very tough and tey asked baout puzzle and asked about the java collection thread concurrent ahsh mapatabase jdbc ,map,set,list string

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Situational interview presenting various situation and how I may have approached and reacted with previous position in the same type of position. Meet with the entire to answer questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• describe how i reacted to specific situations, how i have handled situations in the past, what are my career goals for the next five years   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was tough and very selective, depending on your education, uni and skills. They interview first over the phone and if you get through that stage they will want to see you in person

Interview Questions

• What would I invest in right now   1 Answer
    • Why I want to to work Here   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't that great

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was maybe one of the hardest and most stressful interviews that I have ever participated in throughout my life (and I have done several interviews before). I was notified through career services at my college that I was selected for an on-campus interview and they were wondering why I never got back to JP Morgan. Being that I never received an email regarding my selection, I was awfully confused but promptly set up my time for the following week. I was confused yet again when they decided to change the interview from in-person to a Skype interview, but was still excited. I was told to log in at a certain time and I would be able to meet with my interviewers. I had two 30-minute interviews set up which were back to back. The first one went well- it was mainly going through my resume/experiences and discussing JP Morgan as a company. The woman interviewing me was a high ranked HR manager and was extremely pleasant. The second one was where the ship definitely sank. I logged on at my appropriate time (2:00PM) and was astonished when I saw another girl interviewing with my representative. He quickly said, "Sorry we're still interviewing. Can you give us a few more minutes?" Not only was I embarrassed but it was really disheartening that such an impressive company ran there interviews like a sweatshop without giving 5 minutes in-between to make sure there is no overlap. I logged back on at 2:05 to meet with my person again. He quickly apologized and said the interview was going to be 30 minutes (already lost 5 of those minutes) and he was going to ask as many behavioral questions as possible in that time frame. He wasn't kidding. He shot out maybe 15 questions in that 25 minutes and simply moved on to the next question every time I finished my response. I felt like I had just run a marathon after its completion. After the interview took place I received an email that I did not get the position maybe 2 weeks later. It was nice to receive the "no" email though since many companies do not give you this consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. Why are you specifically excited about JPMorgan? Why do you want to get into the financial management field? Do you know what we do as a company and our departments? Tell me about a time (insert any example here).   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource. In person interview with direct manager and coworkers which sum up about six to eight people. Then you meet with head director and wait for the call from HR with offer. Once you accept offer, you must go for finger printing, drug screening and wait for background check.

Interview Questions

• What documents are needed to open a corporate account.   1 Answer