J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,092 Interview Reviews

2.9

Global Wealth Management/Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for over a year total. 12+ interviews. Asset managers are great, but HR is awful. Very bureaucratic and unforgiving.

Pros: Strong reputation as the largest AUM firm, great, salary and benefits, perks, etc.

Cons: The people who hire you are not the ones who will be working with you... this is very flawed and leads to miscommunication and disorganization. On-boarding and pre-employment teams are rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your résumé.   1 Answer
    • What would you tell a client to invest in?   1 Answer
    • Why JPMorgan?   1 Answer
    • Why Asset Management?   1 Answer
    • Technical Question: How many toothbrushes are there in London?   1 Answer
    • Sell me this painting. (Painting hanging on a wall)   1 Answer
    • Would you want to work full time in Asset Management?   1 Answer
    • What stock/sector has your attention currently?   1 Answer

Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

interview was tough they will ask mainly technical with som epuzle.asked about java nd all.it was very tough process and theya sk very tough and tey asked baout puzzle and asked about the java collection thread concurrent ahsh mapatabase jdbc ,map,set,list string

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Situational interview presenting various situation and how I may have approached and reacted with previous position in the same type of position. Meet with the entire to answer questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• describe how i reacted to specific situations, how i have handled situations in the past, what are my career goals for the next five years   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was tough and very selective, depending on your education, uni and skills. They interview first over the phone and if you get through that stage they will want to see you in person

Interview Questions

• What would I invest in right now   1 Answer
    • Why I want to to work Here   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't that great

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interview and then I was invited to a first round networking session in NYC. After that I was invited to a super day. I interviewed for the LATAM group. The process for the general program is different.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10 how would you rank your technical skills and why? If not a 10, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was maybe one of the hardest and most stressful interviews that I have ever participated in throughout my life (and I have done several interviews before). I was notified through career services at my college that I was selected for an on-campus interview and they were wondering why I never got back to JP Morgan. Being that I never received an email regarding my selection, I was awfully confused but promptly set up my time for the following week. I was confused yet again when they decided to change the interview from in-person to a Skype interview, but was still excited. I was told to log in at a certain time and I would be able to meet with my interviewers. I had two 30-minute interviews set up which were back to back. The first one went well- it was mainly going through my resume/experiences and discussing JP Morgan as a company. The woman interviewing me was a high ranked HR manager and was extremely pleasant. The second one was where the ship definitely sank. I logged on at my appropriate time (2:00PM) and was astonished when I saw another girl interviewing with my representative. He quickly said, "Sorry we're still interviewing. Can you give us a few more minutes?" Not only was I embarrassed but it was really disheartening that such an impressive company ran there interviews like a sweatshop without giving 5 minutes in-between to make sure there is no overlap. I logged back on at 2:05 to meet with my person again. He quickly apologized and said the interview was going to be 30 minutes (already lost 5 of those minutes) and he was going to ask as many behavioral questions as possible in that time frame. He wasn't kidding. He shot out maybe 15 questions in that 25 minutes and simply moved on to the next question every time I finished my response. I felt like I had just run a marathon after its completion. After the interview took place I received an email that I did not get the position maybe 2 weeks later. It was nice to receive the "no" email though since many companies do not give you this consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume. Why are you specifically excited about JPMorgan? Why do you want to get into the financial management field? Do you know what we do as a company and our departments? Tell me about a time (insert any example here).   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource. In person interview with direct manager and coworkers which sum up about six to eight people. Then you meet with head director and wait for the call from HR with offer. Once you accept offer, you must go for finger printing, drug screening and wait for background check.

Interview Questions

• What documents are needed to open a corporate account.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre consisting of a case study exercise, group activity and 2 half an hour interviews- Small group of people in the assessment centre, you can tell that everyone is secretly very competitive and everyone was rushing to be the time keeper in the group activity. Case study was hard, time flies so use every moment you can- overall really bad experience, be prepared for the worst...

Interview Questions

• Asked loads of brainteaser questions such as theres a lily in the pond, the lily doubles in size every minute, how big was it at 30 seconds and another one that was about a boy and a girl who were born at the same day same time but they aren't related   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

J.P. Morgan was great throughout. I had interviewed for another office and expressed interest in the SF office and was flown out a few days later to interview. I heard back with the offer the following week.

They let us meet with junior and senior bankers at a reception in San Francisco the day before the superday of interviews so we better understand the culture and the business we're applying for. The interviews were specifically for the investment banking summer analyst role within J.P. Morgan's technology group, so the culture is a lot more relaxed than Wall St. None of bankers even had suits on.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of typical behavioral investment banking questions + extremely technical questions + technical questions with a focus on technology companies.

- What valuation metrics do you use to value private technology companies in different stages (early, mid-size--think series C--and mature companies?

- How would you evaluate an investment in Uber at its current valuation?

- How would you get Uber's beta?

- Company trading at 4x Revenue and 10x EBITDA. What's the EBITDA margin for this business?

- Mobile payments company is going public: it has an US business and a foreign business. US business has 35% EBITDA Margins, $200m revenue with a 20x EBITDA trading multiple.
        - What's the enterprise value of of the US business?
        - Foreign business has 100m revenue with 70% YoY growth, US business has 20% YoY growth.
          which business is worth more and why?

- What would you say the WACC of a mobile payments company would be?
      - If you could invest all your money into one technology company, what would it be?

- Paper LBO analysis. You're given % debt and equity, purchase price, interest rate, etc. You're expected to calculate cash-on-cash return.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in September 2016.

Interview

There are several steps in the process, as I understand it changes for different candidates.

Step 1:It starts with a 1 hour phone screen in which you have a live coding session with a JPMorgan developer. I choose python as a language I want to be interviewed. I was asked about my experience and my strength then four general computer science questions (algorithms and trees) and two coding questions (dynamic programming and trees).

Step 2: Five different on-site interviews. three pure coding interviews, one with recruitment leader, one with the site manager.

Step 3: Three on-site interviews with with Interviewers from US & London using TV and Camera.

Step 4: A short 30 minutes phone interview with expected manager.

Step 5: offer

Interview Questions

• When I said I am an expert with python they asked advanced questions about python. Questions like performance, data structures and how they works and some syntax.

Regarding algorithms, there was no specific question about specific known algorithm, but understanding graphs, trees and dynamic programming definitely helped.   Answer Question