J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
5,188 Interview Reviews

2.9

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through their student career portal and received an invitation to do an online video interview a couple of weeks later. Had to record my answers to several questions and got 3 tries for every question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, was emailed for an interview. Was supposed to be an in person interview but was pushed back 3 times to a phone interview. Spoke to 2 Operations VPs in the Boston office. Interview was 2, 30 minute hone conversations.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to work together in a group setting?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on website and was reached out by HR 1 week later. Went in for interview the following week and met with 3 people, 30 minutes each. Within 2 weeks, went back for 2nd round interview and met with 4 people. Everyone was very pleasant and interview was more conversational as they wanted to learn more about me and how I could fit in the group.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What skills do you have the would allow you to excel in this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 phone calls: one with an analyst manager, and the second one with the office's managing director along with the original analyst manager. The interview questions were very behavioral, but there were a few questions about current events/the stock market.

Interview Questions

• What have you been reading?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for something you believe in.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I first had a short phone interview with human resources person, then was scheduled for three back-to-back interviews with persons in the departments. after this i got called back for another set of interviews higher-ups as well as the opportunity to talk with the people who were doing things similar than what i would be hired for.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview where questions are pre-recorded. One minute to prepare and one and a half minute to speak. Three questions in total and three attempts each. Really general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why banking, why JPM, teamwork experience, decision-making experience   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted on by Hirevue. You were to login into a website provided by J.P. Morgan. Once logged in 3 interview questions were to be recorded separately. You were given 1:30 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team? If so, what was your role and did you encounter any challenges?   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two department managers. The entire interview was personable and professional. Each manager took turns asking questions about my background in banking and other work experience, acknowledging that not everyone in the company was from a strictly banking background.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time in a previous work experience in which you suspected that fraud or criminal activity was taking place. What steps did you take to determine whether or not this was the case?   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview went well, had a few behavioral based questions on sales and previous employment. Then the interview quickly turns over into a role playing exercise with another senior banker.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via my schools internship/ job website. I was then reached to out to by the recruiter and asked to come to Super-day in NYC. The email they initially sent me had gone to my Trash mail, so the recruiter then called me. My travel and hotel to the city was paid for by the company. Super-day included meeting senior management and people currently in the full time program.

Interview Questions

• Most of my questions were about me, the firm or behavioral questions.   Answer Question