J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,738 Interview Reviews

2.9

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One half-hour interview with the Vice President of the branch. Questions were either qualitative (describe yourself, list your strengths) or they were situational (how would you handle an upset customer, tell me a time you contributed within a team environment). I was given the chance to pose questions at the conclusion of the interview. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase?
      What regulations do you know of as they pertain to tellers or commercial banks?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and my school and got a call back a few days later for an on-campus interview. I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. The first interview was much more casual and more like a conversation. The second interview was a bit more intense and technical. In addition to questions about projects, they gave me one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used the principles of OOP.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by a Superday in the office (6 ~30 minute interviews). Mostly behavioral, some questions on the markets and your thoughts. Relatively laid back interview process for a company of J.P. Morgan's caliber.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational with some structured questions. Want to see your personality as well as drive. Knowing things such as the four segments of the company or the CEO/CFO's names will get you bonus points. Lots of "Tell me a time when..." questions. The more you are able to make yourself sound different than every other person interviewing, the better off you will be. Do not give "I am a perfectionist" as an answer for "Tell me one of your weaknesses."

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did not know how to complete a task given to you   Answer Question
    • BONUS: CEO and CFO's names   1 Answer

On-boarding Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After putting in the resume I had to conduct a HireVue video interview, I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked to conduct a video interview over the internet for a position out of state.

Interview Questions

• They asked multiple questions regarding soft skills and scenario based questions like "Have you ever been in this situation, how would you have acted"

They elaborated more about their position and emphasized the high productivity and fast paced environment I would be working in if I were to get the job. Besides the scenario based questions they asked about possible new skills I would bring to the section particularly about presenting information and dealing with timelines.
      1 Answer

Tech Connect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, 30 minutes each: behavioral, presentation, and technical. Behavioral was standard. For the presentation, you are supposed to present an old presentation. For me, we just ended up talking about me instead of the prepared presentation, since the only thing I had prepared on such short notice was about a very abstract concept. The technical interview was different for me than the others that were also brought in since I had no coding background. We basically just talked about what the guy did at the company and what the program would be doing for me. He actually turned me off from this interview as he was kinda saying that this wasn't the role I should be going for. The second and third interview had conflicting opinions on certain things about the company, which was confusing to me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like you were underutilized in a role? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter one day and then interviewed with the hiring manager. After one week, I interviewed with different people in different groups. The whole went smooth and I did enjoy talking with the people in JP Morgan. Most of them is behavior questions and make sure you know the position well and tell how you are able to fit for it. Haven't heard any updated news from them yet.

Business Resiliency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening with HR, and then Hiring Manager and then the Team Member. Once phone interview is cleared then a face to face interview with the team. Once team interview is good, the HR calls to ask for availability and the job offer. The main deal maker is the fact, if you have applied as an Associate or a VP. If the former, be ready to be in that salary band for 10-15 years.

Interview Questions

• How is agile different in a siloed and infrequently code releasing team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview. One telephonic interview followed by two on one interview with senior developer and manager and then finally HR.
    - OOP
    - JAVA
    - JAXB
    - J2EE
    - Sybase
    - Spring
    - Behavioral
    - Analysis
    - Actual Employee scenario
    - Lots of Database queries
    - JDBC
    - Overall good hiring and onboarding process

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a technical phone screen with two senior members of the team. They immediately invited me in for an onsite with the whole team, but did not pay for the flight ticket and room. Highly technical superday interview, verbal offer was made at the end of the onsite.