J.P. Morgan Part Time Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.6

305 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bronx, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

You first fill out a questionnaire and if you pass you get a webcam interview, that interview is used for any location you apply to. After the online interview I received a call to come in for an interview and a 1 to 1 1/2 months later I received another call with the offer and a list of things I needed to do before my first day.

Interview Questions

• As a teller how would bring and help bring sales or new accounts to the bankers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeway, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lakeway, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was conversational. Hiring manager did most of the talking. The questions were basic and required transcript from the company. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Employment experience. Conversed and asked about my personal lifestyle, if I had children. Hiring manager described she needed someone who would be able to fulfill the role and likes to train to promote. Then, described other steps of the hiring process that were required.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. went in the branch, everyone greets and makes you feel welcome. waited maybe 5 minutes before the manager brought me to her office,
    talked to her for a few and she gave me a tour of the branch ( that was a dead giveaway for me that i got the job) and we talked to the tellers, went back to her office and it was pretty much done. Told me they will call me back, and in maybe 2 weeks i was told to finish up the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pearland, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

they want to know if you have a problem with sales, and they want to know if you know how to cash handle. they want to know how well you handle customer problems and difficult situations

Interview Questions

• what Is one thing you wish you could improve about yourself in the workplace?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Was called in for interview within the week. Went into branch met with branch manager. She was very friendly. Answered her questions, I asked a dew of my own to get a feel for her and her management style. Was offered the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I have been on about 7 different interviews for chase. I was waiting to be placed at a branch that I felt comfortable in and one that I could help fit their needs. I met with two different branch managers that day. I was in turn hired by the second one. Was told a decision would be made by the friday (went in wednesday). I was called on the tuesday and offered the job. In the pre employment stage right now awaiting all steps to be finished. So far I have no issues with the pre-employement procedures. But I will say to those applying don't give up and keep applying. I went to a lot of interviews and it was worth it.. Just hoping for smooth sailing in the rest and eager to start.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Madison, WI).

Interview

Easy interview. I was called on the phone for a pre-screen. This was a basic interview going over my previous work history, reasons for leaving jobs, questions about schedule issues, etc. Then I was selected for an in person interview. These questions almost all related to customer service. They want to know you are not just good but great with customers. That you are ambitious and go above and beyond. If you don't than this job will be horrible for you since that is all you are reminded to do multiple times per week. You will hear about customer experience A TON. So if customer service isn't one of your strong suits it will be a job you hate.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember exact questions but they ask a lot about the "customer experience". What your history is giving exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Davie, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied and the next day got a call from the Branch Manager. The interview was awesome! It was more of a conversation and she was really nice. She asked a little bit about me and what I like to do. Be calm and comfortable in the interview and always smile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They first offered me 11 dollars and hour and I asked if we could bump it up to 12 and then they called me back 15 minutes later and offered me 12. Not every place is willing to negotiate but if you come off as sweet and hard working then they will move up. Goodluck(:

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online with the assessment. The assessment had customer service questions as well as math questions. I received an email letting me know of an interview done online through hirevue. They were 13 questions about my work experience and current position duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current position.
      Why are you interested in a teller position?
      Tell us about your education and work experience.
      What experience do you have that you believe will help you in this position?
      What days are you available to work?
      Why would you like to work at Chase?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company's website and received an invitation for a screening online. The interview on line is well organized, they allow you to listen to the questions from the interviewer and think about your answer for about a minute, then you record the answer. After this I had an interview in person with the Hiring Manager of the branch that had a position to fill.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and experience in customer service.   Answer Question