J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
4,883 Interview Reviews

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2017.

Interview

There was two back to back video interview. One asked about behavior question, other asked about the technical question. They tend to be picky on the technical portion, the person wasn't very nice.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

It usually involves 3-4 steps in the interview. I had two interviews over the phone from different region across the USA and one in-person. For some of the positions, you might get to meet VP of the department and they go really fast.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to deal with conflicts between your opinion and other team members?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at my university's career fair, recruiting team was very nice and looking for programming/business IT students. I applied online directly to their website for the position, and was emailed to schedule an on campus interview within just a few days. The interview took about an hour and I was interviewed by 2 people, one was very friendly and asked questions about my personal/school life, the other wasnt as friendly and slightly condescending but asked questions about my experience with code/development then handed me a sheet of code to read output. Overall, the recruiting team was very nice and very interested in motivated students. Only 2 other students attended the same interview with different interviewers. A few days after the interview I was called and congratulated for being selected with some other info about pay/location/time.

Interview Questions

• "What was a difficult project or assignment you overcame"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they made an amazing offer and asked for a decision within 2 weeks.

Summer Financial Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Applied on their website for their Launching Leaders program and got an offer to fly out to Delaware to interview for their super day. The super day was well organized and informative. The company did a great job in getting all the Candidates comfortable by allowing us to ask questions with financial analysts and breaking us off into groups. After that I had two back to back 30 minute interviews and heard back within two weeks.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I received two phone interviews back to back . One was a behavioral and the next was technical both were suppose to be about 30 minutes in length but the behavioral was a little shorter. I say it was negative because both interviewers had thick accents , which is not ideal for phone interviews and I caught myself having to ask them to repeat the question a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a finance company opposed to other tech companies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got an email asking for an interview that was scheduled for the following week. It was back to back back two-on-one interviews featuring six interviewers in all. I got a call back the very next day confirming the offer.

My biggest advice, particularly with this position, is to study up on both the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• If I were a client and you were JPMorgan, what questions would you ask from me before extending credit?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you learned about DCFs in class.   Answer Question
    • Why JPMorgan and why do you want to get into commercial banking?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They have pre-printed forms with a bunch of stupid questions that don't actually get to the heart of who you are and how successful you'll be in your position there. The interviewers stick to the script instead of asking real questions and getting to know the person. When there are mass interviews, the process takes around 30 minutes. If the organization is hiring a bunch of people, they barely even pay attention and just write down random stuff you say. If the interviewer likes you, they'll recommend you. If the interviewer doesn't like you, they won't. Pretty simple and straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with three people, who would it be and why? (including historical figures, people who have already passed, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. HR will not allow you to negotiate. If the offer doesn't meet your needs, don't accept the job. They will only make an exception in about 1% of cases.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and my school and got a call back a few days later for an on-campus interview. I had two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. The first interview was much more casual and more like a conversation. The second interview was a bit more intense and technical. In addition to questions about projects, they gave me one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used the principles of OOP.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I had a horrendous experience. I was borderline sexually assaulted. First, the interview didn't start until an hour after the scheduled time. Secondly, I was asked what my hobbies were outside work where the interviewer proceeded to show me his pecs. It was completely inappropriate. Never responded to any correspondence after that day.

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Networking event then three interviews for the superday. Only three rounds, but the interviewers were more senior, and had totally different styles. Not as technical as the first two rounds, but required candidates to have very good understanding of finance and pricing. It is better to prepare your story and lead them to the field that you are really good at.

Interview Questions

• ED
      1.Option payoff: (Max(s1,s2),0)+, find the p1,2 that could maximize the payoff(p1,2 = -1)
      2.Option payoff: 1(s>k), use which model to price it

VP
      3.go through your resume
      4.internship experience, discussed a strategy I developed before, asked a lot details
      5.assumptions of OLS
      6.why no multicolinearity; how to check multicolinearity (VIF), definition of VIF statistic, other methods without checking VIF? (large r squared, but none of the parameters is significant)
      7.stepwise

12.my exchange experience
      13.internship experience
      14.probability, classic 3 doors problem, should I switch
      15.conditional probability
      16.BS equation, why no u? (no arbitrage)
      17.difination of brownie motion