J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,574 Interview Reviews

2.9

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

Phone interview mostly conversational with a few basic questions came after submitting a prerecorded video interview in which you are asked 4 questions and record yourself answering, you get multiple trials.

Interview Questions

• why JPM?
      why Wealth Management?
      Tell me an interesting story you've been following.
      How do you keep up with the markets and current events?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Super easy. Asked me if I️ knew what the job was. Asked if I️ had an understanding of the impact. Then asked for qualifications. I️ was able to answer everything and it was pretty straightforward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The first round was an in-person interview with the whole team. All the interviewers are pretty nice. The interview questions are pretty easy. All the questions are behaviour questions except some easy brain teasers that I have already done before.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2017.

Interview

Took almost 2 weeks. Apply online did the online recording interview get a call for branch interview. Waited for 25mins to get interview. Was told they needed someone who drives. (Not in the job description)

Investor Services Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a week, I received an invitation to complete a Yello (recorded interview). Then after two months, I received an invite to a Super Day at the New York office. It was a great experience -- programming with speakers/panelists in the morning, a networking lunch with analysts/associates, and then 3 half-hour interviews with managing/executive directors. My interviews were mainly behavioral with a few sales-related technicals sprinkled in. I really enjoyed my Super Day, and was happy to receive an offer less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Who has been your favorite professor so far? Why Investor Services at JP Morgan? What sales/client experience do you have?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Video Interview. Just finished and wanted to update Glassdoor with questions to help others. I would recommend doing the practice questions until the awkwardness of talking to the computer wears off. You see yourself the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What piqued your interest about JP Morgan and why are you interested in this role? What is great customer to you? What was a time when you experienced great Customer Service.   Answer Question
    • What is great customer to you? What was a time when you experienced great Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a great fit for the Client Services Role?   Answer Question
    • How does your experience prepared for this role?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying for a new position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

I had applied for the job using the company website, after being referred there by my colleges job search website. After a few week I received an email saying that I had an interview. I couldn't make the Super Day, but luckily they had an option for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Did you ever switch your major, and, if so, why did you end up picking the major you are currently in.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

PhDs. Avoid Strategic Forecasting Labs under the Business intelligence group with JP Morgan at all costs. It's hard to believe but they conduct interviews just to have people work for them for free. I never know a well-known company like JP Morgan would do things like this. They send you problems they are currently working on, which will take you more than 10 hours to finish. No kidding. The data is large and the problem is not typical. I am told that they are facing challenges when working on it. Then they are satisfied with your results (your algorithm predicts mortgage prepayment and default pretty well), and they will bring you over to their office to discuss your report with you. I don't realize back then. After the office visit, the hiring manager sends you tons of emails at 11pm and during weekends to ask you questions about your code. They even change your code then ask you to debug it but never mention a word about the offer. Even if you have told them that you have an offer from another company you need to decide on by a certain date, the hiring manager and recruiter reply that there are a few items they need to finalize and will update you shortly. They keep you hanging, but the deadline for your another offer is within 1-2 days. So you reach out again. After you submitted a good report and code, have done all the things they ask for and replied to all their late night and weekend emails about the problem and the code, you are expecting something and waiting, but they just disappear. Never reply to your email again. I know there is nothing I can do about it. But the two weeks' wait and 16 hours work on the project makes me feel like a fool. So never never apply and do their projects.

Wealth Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for Wealth Management Summer Intern in Hong Kong office.

The whole process took more than 1.5 months. The very first step was to apply online. Then, in late September, I got invited to recording a video through Yello or a platform whose name I can't remember. There were 5 or 6 questions. The questions were automatically generated ranging from Why JPM to What unique skill can you bring to out team. After that, I didn't hear anything from them. I thought I was dead.

In late October, I got invited to the Superday in JPM New York Office, which would take place in mid November. The Superday was composed of two parts. In the morning, a group of 5/6 candidates were asked to do a case study about wealth management. You were required to read an article about a billionaire based in Hong Kong who was about to retire and who had some questions about how he should manage his assets and then to make a 25-minute presentation to 4 interviewers. That was a stress interview. The interviewers would ask you very hard questions that made you feel like shxt.

1-2 out of the 5-6 candidates would be invited to the final round that took place in the same day in the afternoon. The afternoon part consisted of 3 interviews. Each interview had 2 interviewers, one of whom asked you questions, while the other one would mainly record and assess you. The questions depended on your resume. For me, most questions were behavioral questions. And a few technical questions.

The whole process was interesting. You would learn a lot while preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• Why JPM?   Answer Question
    • Why wealth management?   Answer Question
    • Explain to an 8-year-old girl how banks make money.   Answer Question
    • Tell me an experience when you had to work very hard to achieve something and you succeeded.   Answer Question
    • What were your expectations to be a good and qualified in our team?   Answer Question
    • Estimate the amount of toothbrush sold in your town (it can be any city, Hong Kong, Beijing, New York, etc) last year.   Answer Question
    • The market trends/news you follow. Then more details about it.   Answer Question
    • Some industries that fit you and why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me an experience when you could not get along with a colleague and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Other specific questions relevant to your resume and your previous questions.   Answer Question

Global Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I interviewed for a internship at their Launching Leaders program in Columbus Ohio. It was a program with speakers and a panel. I had two 30 min interviews. They told us it would be a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Interview was very laid back and was more like a conversation. Not many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role model you have and the qualities that they possess.   Answer Question