J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017
5,167 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2017.

Interview

Worst interview process. Got contacted by a recruiter. Matched the job qualifications and got ignored. Scheduling phone interviews was impossible. I was unable to successfully reach out to the recruiter by phone and email. Email responses from the recruiter took 1-2 days per email. When I got a phone call from him it rang for less than 1 second and when I called back, the call was ignored. When I finally got to schedule the phone interview, he called after my availability. We scheduled a second phone interview and never got a call. When I emailed him, I never got a response. Unprofessional and poor communication.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied for the job and immediately got an email requesting that I do a digital interview through HireVue. The interview interview consisted of 4 questions and you get 30 seconds to prepare for each question. You get 3 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   4 Answers

Merchant Disputes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website, offered hirevu interview, had interview with hiring manager, quick and easy interview. Very informative of the different positions you can be hired for. Description of all the benefits offered

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through their website, got a call from HR not to long after submitted the application. Had a 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked lots of detailed technical questions about building predictive models and model selections.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, which led to two separate in-person interviews, each delving more into experience based around the position being hired for. Each in-person interview was with a different person from the same "group"

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about my previous experiences and how I overcame certain obstacles when working on certain projects.   Answer Question

Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

We started the interview on time, began by walking through the area I would be working in and then started bringing my resume to life. The conversation was about how well my previous skills would translate into the position applied for and if I have any experience in the banking industry. Afterwards, it was about my attention to detail and being very organized and wise with time management. They take time management and punctuality very serious.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager and two co-workers. Next day interviewed with the Senior Manager. They will be hiring 3 candidates in the next 45 days. The group will discuss the candidates skill sets and make job offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Technical Business questions. The scripting language that you have worked with? They will be hiring 3 candidates in the next 45 days. Their will be a new Team Lead in the Houston area. The group will discuss the candidates skill sets and make job offer by the end of the week.   Answer Question

Finance Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a BlueJean interview (which works primarily as skype). It was a thirty mins interview and the interview went great, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Two hours later after that, I was called by a recruiter that the interviewer liked me and wanted me to do another thirty mins interview the next day with another interviewer. Next day came and that interview went great again, really connected with the interviewer. The very next day after that I was told by the recruiter that they heard positive things about me and they will like to move forward with the job offer! A week and half later received the written offer in my email. So pleased with JPMorgan recruiting process, very professional and straight to the point. Most of all the recruiters were very accessible and ready to answer all my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why JPMorgan, What exactly do you do with your current role, What are your 3 positives and negatives........ amongst others   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

2 round including face to face. I did very well in the Face to face with the hiring manager. But after that there suppose to be one more round with the Team Lead in same day. But he left the office even though we schedule the interview a week ago. So they schedule one more technical phone interview with the Team lead. It also went very well. Except one issue is that i dont have working experience on automation. Even though i gave answer to most of the question beside this frame work. This is a software developement role and they don't have separate team for automation testing. I told them from the beginning that i dont know automation, i didnt get a chance to work on this framework yet. So my question is even though i didnt mention this in my resume and clearly state that during the initial round why they drag me all the way there and take 2 back to back interviews. Because at the end its seems like the only issue for them. Also that team lead seems to me doesn't have much knowledge on core java and J2EE. Seems like he is reading the question from internet. Also that i have experience on core java , J2EE , Junit and other frame work the team lead should know that i can able to manage / learn automation framework as well. They just wast my time and effort. I took a half day leave (without pay) from my current work place for face to face.

Interview Questions

• Several question from Java, J2EE, angular almost every technology that i mention in my resume.   2 Answers

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After about a week, I got invited to do the online interview and still did not hear back. The online interview was all behavioral questions and relatively easy.