J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,818 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, conducted online recorded interview. The first few questions were general; the last ones were specific to the departments of interest (what the departments do, why you want to focus on those sectors, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced in a group academic setting. How did you address it?   Answer Question

Asset Management Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a webcam interview for 1st round selection. 7 questions.
    1. Do you need sponsorship
    2. Your undergrade gpa
    3. Why this role/ why this company
    4. A hard customer, and how you handled
    5. Why you are a fit for the analyst position
    6. Your experience of changing role quickly to achieve an object
    7. Why you are a fit for this role (I had given my answer of this question to question 5 already, so I was really caught off-guard......)

Chase Leaders Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later for 2 phone interviews. I was told I would be contacted within a week about my application, but I had to get in contact with someone from HR 2 weeks later.

Investment Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

-first round telephone interview, which lasted 30 minutes
    -was rescheduled because they called one of my two numbers on my CV, which wasn't on
    -not a very friendly interviewer, didn't seem to care about my answers at all
    -mostly competency questions

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

On Superday, I had 3 round of interviews: technical, behavioral, and presentation. Each took about 30 mins. For presentation, I had to a presentation on the project I've worked before. They give you time to prepare the presentation so nothing to worry about. Interviewers were really nice and I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between int and double?   1 Answer

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of 45-min phone interviews and a superday with three interviewers. The first two rounds are held by associates and you will be asked typical quant interview questions, including stochastic calculus, differential equations, probabilities, financial math, etc., and I think reading one or two sample questions books will suffice. Superday interviewers are more senior and will ask much more fundamental, open-ended questions; take your time to review what you learned and make sure you understand them thoroughly. Throughout the process, not a single behavioral question was asked, so doesn't matter what kind of person you are.

Interview Questions

• 1) 100 ants are uniformly placed on a [0,1] line, and they randomly travel toward either 0 or 1. When one collides with the other, they exchange directions. Assuming that each ant travels at the speed of 1 per hour, how long would it take for the last ant to reach the either end?

2) What is E(exp(Wt)), E((Wt)^4),... where Wt is a standard Brownian?

3) What is a martingale? Is E(Wt^2-t) a martingale? why?

4) How would you simulate a covariance matrix of 1,000 stocks where each pair has nonzero correlation?

5) Write down a black-scholes equations. What is delta, and how does it change when it approaches the maturity?
      Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews leading to a Skype interview with managers. Due to the nature of the work fingerprinting, drug testing, and significant on boarding is required. Finally an offer letter is sent with the terms of employment.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I met with several people and was given ample opportunity to discuss my experience as well as ask questions about the scope of the job. Meeting more that one person allows an interviewee to get a better feel for the position and environment in which they might be working.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation in which you did not agree with your boss?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first got a phone call from a Branch Manager saying he/she wanted me to come in so he/she could better describe the position to me. After meeting with him/her he told me that he/she wanted me to meet with his/her manager.

Two days later I met with the district manager and he/she went into even more details about what a PB would be doing. He/she described pay, benefits, and a timeline of the on-boarding process.

About 4 Business days later I got a call from HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website, completed the video the digital interview the next day. I got an email to schedule a phone interview and the representative schedule an in person interview. Nothing overwhelming, they emailed me back the next day to extend and offer. Quick process, took maybe a week and a half from the day I applied.