J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,929 Interview Reviews

2.9

Private Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by a Superday in the office (6 ~30 minute interviews). Mostly behavioral, some questions on the markets and your thoughts. Relatively laid back interview process for a company of J.P. Morgan's caliber.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Very conversational with some structured questions. Want to see your personality as well as drive. Knowing things such as the four segments of the company or the CEO/CFO's names will get you bonus points. Lots of "Tell me a time when..." questions. The more you are able to make yourself sound different than every other person interviewing, the better off you will be. Do not give "I am a perfectionist" as an answer for "Tell me one of your weaknesses."

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did not know how to complete a task given to you   Answer Question
    • BONUS: CEO and CFO's names   1 Answer

Tech Connect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, 30 minutes each: behavioral, presentation, and technical. Behavioral was standard. For the presentation, you are supposed to present an old presentation. For me, we just ended up talking about me instead of the prepared presentation, since the only thing I had prepared on such short notice was about a very abstract concept. The technical interview was different for me than the others that were also brought in since I had no coding background. We basically just talked about what the guy did at the company and what the program would be doing for me. He actually turned me off from this interview as he was kinda saying that this wasn't the role I should be going for. The second and third interview had conflicting opinions on certain things about the company, which was confusing to me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like you were underutilized in a role? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter one day and then interviewed with the hiring manager. After one week, I interviewed with different people in different groups. The whole went smooth and I did enjoy talking with the people in JP Morgan. Most of them is behavior questions and make sure you know the position well and tell how you are able to fit for it. Haven't heard any updated news from them yet.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair, went to an on-campus interview 2 weeks later which consisted of a 30-minute technical interview followed by a 30-minute behavioral interview

Commercial Banking (CAO) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the company's website. I received an email conforming on campus interview. The hiring manager was really nice. She mostly asked behavioral questions. I got an email for the second interview at the company's location. Let's hope for the best.

Interview Questions

• -Why JP Morgan?
      -What was your greatest achievement?
      -What was your most challenging project or work experience?
      1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minutes interview with different interweaves. Divided in Technical and Behavioral.
    Make sure you're aware of the answers that you're giving because they will ask you next question based on your answer.

Application

Interview

I was lucky enough to be referred from within by a connection I had made. The process was very simple and smooth. After I submitted my application I was contacted about 2 weeks later and I was invited to a superday in Newark, DE. They showed us around the building, had guest speakers, and provided us with an opportunity to network with VP's and FA that have finished the program. The questions were not too difficult, very standard and relatively laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer was pretty standard for industry so no reason to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

- Recruiter contacted on LinkedIn. Surprisingly, asked for 3 phone interviews.(Total 90 Mins)
    - 1st phone interview - Java concepts, Collection framework, finance concepts.
    - 2nd phone interview - Questions about project, technologies used, multi threading.
    - 3rd phone interview - Questions about sprint planning, agile, deployments, automated testing, salary expectations.

- No feedback about phone interviews even after 2 weeks. Recruiter not replying to email.

Interview Questions

• Questions on java concepts, past projects, technologies used.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing for a Security QA Engineer. Admittedly, the way the role was sold me to I was not entirely sure if it was a good fit, to begin with. The job title definitely did not match the description. Nevertheless, I scored the first interview with the VP of the group I would be working for. He liked me and as you can imagine I got positive feedback. I coordinated with the recruiter for the next round of interviews. So far so good right? Oh, so I taught!

I scheduled the interview and took part in it. In this interview, I had another executive and an analyst. The interview went well, though there were some technical questions; however, it was lost focused on me as an individual. At the end of the interview, the executive expressed his concerns that I may not be a good fit because of my background and the nature of the role. However, he did express a positive overview of me and he was still willing to have my case be moved forward. So to my understanding, I was supposed to be selected for the next round of interviews.

I waited 24 hours and sent the interviewing panel my thank you letter and emailed the recruiter my availability. I was eager to get to the next round of interviewing, so I thought this would be a good gesture. This is when paradise turned sideways, I never heard back from the recruiter. I waited a few more days and tried again, this time I emailed her, her and her boss (who was cc'd in a prior email from her) and called her. All to no avail now about 2-3 weeks has passed and still nothing.

Mind you I am currently interviewing with other companies as well, and I had high hopes for JPMC and the role. So I sent one last email, and this time I emailed everyone I had contact info for. In essence, I emailed the recruiter, her boss, and the people who interviewed me. I expressed that the follow-up interview was never scheduled and time was running short because I was entering the final stages of multiple interviews for multiple high profile firms. This is when I finally get a response from the recruiter's boss.

Apparently, he was supposed to follow-up with me and never did but It was no big deal because I figured we could still schedule the next interview. Well, turns out, they were not going to schedule the next interview, in fact, I was no longer being considered for the role. The interviewing panel found a better candidate. Now, this was alarming because this feedback conflicted with the feedback I received from the exact same people a few weeks prior. So I asked for clarification and as you can imagine this was slightly troublesome do to the overall nature of the situation. So we scheduled a call to talk things over and review the feedback they had for me.

The recruiter's boss, who’s another executive never, calls as scheduled. I tried reaching him a few more times and it was to no avail. So the following week I sent one last email, essentially telling him X amount of time has passed, I never heard back from him. So I told him if I did not hear back from him by the end of this week, he would not have to worry about providing me with that feedback. I also formally withdraw my application from all the other roles I was being considered for. I expressed my disappointment at the experience and informed him that the brand's value in my eyes has been tarnished by this experience.

Within minutes of this email, he called me to express his apologies. I was mostly silent in the call but at that point, the damage was already done. I simply expressed to him the concerns with the conflicting feedback and the poor way the situation was handled. He then provided a volley of excuses, ranging from it was a bank holiday the previous Monday when I emailed him to we were at RSA. I told him sure I get it BUT that is still no excuse. I am a consultant; I juggle multiple clients and contacts simultaneously. I thing I always make sure of is to respond back to everyone, regardless of how important it is. Because they took the time to email me, and the least I can do is respond. This show that you not only care about their time and efforts. He had no response to that comment.

At the end, he wished me the best of luck and thanked me for participating. I did not say much back, besides the standard cordial thank you for considering me. I kept it professional but this experience has been very unsatisfactory. I know you are one of the biggest banks in the world but this is no excuse. Whether I am a client of yours or a prospecting employee, I am still a constituent. I may be an individual but history is written by the might of individuals like me. This comment may be small and trivial in the grand skim, but it can also gain traction and cause you much-unneeded harm...brand harm, not physical, I do not wish physical harm on anyone for that matter.

All I wanted was consistent feedback or at the very least a response in a timely manner. Yet here we are.