J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

3.3

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They posted a recruiting page on their website and I just applied and one person reached out for an interview They posted a recruiting page on their website and I just applied and one person reached out for an interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Hirevue with 3 questions. 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to response. All questions are behavioral, but it's weird to talk to a webcam. Be prepared to be asked questions that can catch you off-guarded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you encountered a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They were very nice during the entire process. Asked questions specific to the group that I was applying and asked about the general finance questions. The interviewer also wanted to know personal details about my values and such (but i think that was a personal thing for him).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview where questions are pre-recorded. One minute to prepare and one and a half minute to speak. Three questions in total and three attempts each. Really general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why banking, why JPM, teamwork experience, decision-making experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After I applied I received an email within a few days saying that I would have to do a recorded inerview, answering 3-4 questions for about 90 seconds each.

Interview Questions

• Why J. P. Morgan and why specifically Investment Banking?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to make a quick decision, describe your thought process and the final decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Resume drop on campus, first year analyst reached out to me to set up a phone screen, another phone screen from there and then I was invited to the Super-day in Chicago for Diversified Industrials group. The interviewer was really nice and polite, great work culture and strong emphasis on responsibility of the analysts.

Interview Questions

• What are 4 ways to value a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamstown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Williamstown, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a video interview with HireVue. Checked this website for the interview questions, and they were mostly correct. Prepare for the interview and wear suit and tie! Before the interview, choose a place that has white background and do not let anyone disturb you. Make sure it is really quiet too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

After completing a few online questionnaires about personality and fit, I was emailed a link to a video interview. The questions were really generic, so not difficult to prepare for, but maybe a little more difficult to give good answers to. Talking to a computer in general is not ideal, so if you can get an in person interview do that instead.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

I was given the opportunity to interview online via video interview. I had to record myself answering three questions and was given 1 minute 30 seconds to answer each question . I was also given another try per question and the chance to review my answers.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP Morgan and specifically the position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

Was invited via email a couple days after I submitted an application online. They asked me to do a video interview where I had to record my responses. They were general behavioral questions.