J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.3

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2009.

Interview

I applied via the firm's website, and received a call from a recruiter about 5 days later. We then set up a phone interview with 2 associates, who were generally pretty rude. The questions were primarily fit, but I had a few simple technical questions. Obviously, I would have liked to have visited with them further, but I did not get a good first impression.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied on-line, took an on-line assesment, had a phone screening and two group interviews. The people were very friendly seemed to have thought of their questions and had no problem having a more conversational tone which helped us mutually to suss out whether I was a good fit for the company and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I really like my interviewers. Although I did not get the offer, I had very good impressions of the firm. My interviews were much more like a conversation. There were quant and technical questions but the interviewers did not make them stressful anyway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews then invited for a Superday at the New York office consisting of 4 back to back 30 min interviews. 2 of the interviews were 1:1 and 2 of them were 2;1. Talked to MD's, associates, and analysts. Interview was pretty technical but nothing too hard. Asked a lot of basic accounting and economic questions. Also had a couple of brainteasers such as "how many ping pong balls do you think it would take to fill of this room?" Phone interviews were not as much of a breeze as I expected. During one, I was asked "Should a company offer debt or equity?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carr, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Carr, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone fit screening interview, talked for about a half an hour with an HR person. Why JPM, why finance, all the things you have probably already heard. Interviewer was very friendly and i had thought that I had left a good impression, but I never received a call afterwords, so I guess I wasn't exactly what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very nice guy. Asked no technical questions. Interested in whether I was in it for the long term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for an investment banking summer internship and they asked me many mathematics questions such as: What is 87^3 to see how fast I could do it? Then they asked me about difficulties I had in the past and the ways that I dealt with them? They also wanted to know if I could work with a team.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience from which you have grown personally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

2 1:1 interviews that focused on personality traits as well as resume checks and questions that focused on past experience.

1 Group problem solving interview which consisted of a skills test centered around the ability to manage

Interview Questions

• In order to improve overall performance at a bank, what programs would you implement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Landed the interview through the University Career Center. Over all good experience. J.P. Morgan was very open and honest through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

J.P. Morgan is a top firm that takes care of their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Once you were selected for a phone interview, someone contacted you within about 5 days by both phone and then email if you could not be reached by phone. Then the date and time for the interview was set up and followed through with.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember exact questions   1 Answer