J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.3

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Video interview where questions are pre-recorded. One minute to prepare and one and a half minute to speak. Three questions in total and three attempts each. Really general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why banking, why JPM, teamwork experience, decision-making experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Resume drop on campus, first year analyst reached out to me to set up a phone screen, another phone screen from there and then I was invited to the Super-day in Chicago for Diversified Industrials group. The interviewer was really nice and polite, great work culture and strong emphasis on responsibility of the analysts.

Interview Questions

• What are 4 ways to value a company?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First round interview is a Hirevue interview - pre recorded video. Was 3 questions all of them were behavioral. Get 1 minute to prepare and 3 tries for each question.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2017.

Interview

Applied in early August, for the email for interview within 3 weeks. Online video interview platform, where I recorded myself answering questions. You get one minute to prepare and record yourself. You also have a maximum of 3 tries per question.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP Morgan, and specifically the Investment Banking opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted on by Hirevue. You were to login into a website provided by J.P. Morgan. Once logged in 3 interview questions were to be recorded separately. You were given 1:30 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team? If so, what was your role and did you encounter any challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website in December. Got a invitation to do a video screening in February. You get a minute to read the question before it auto starts and then you get 3 tries to record it (but you have a lot of time to think about the questions in between recordings if you choose to record more than once).

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP morgan and the investment banking position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team   Answer Question
    • What unique qualities or expertise can you bring to JP morgan   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how has that made you a better person   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus consisted of 2 30 minute interviews and then final round super day interview at JP Morgan in NYC. Consisted of three 30 minute interviews with a Vice President, Director, and Managing Director. Interviews were pretty straight forward behavioral and technical question. One market-sizing question and a few current market questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed through accelerated process. One personality interview by phone. Super day with three company members of varying level. Mostly questions understanding your interest and your ability to contribute to the team

Interview Questions

• How do interest rate changes transmit to corporate balance sheets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a professional from the bank. After that, I was invited to a Superday where I experienced 4 rounds of 30 minute interviews with two professionals each. I heard back that night with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about this role that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you experienced difficulties in working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

APAC Jumpstart interview:
     - 1st round video interview (unlimited time to prepare);
     - 2nd round: written test plus 2 in-person interviews
    Normal, standard investment banking interviews
    Written test is not difficult. Translation work and email written.