J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website in December. Got a invitation to do a video screening in February. You get a minute to read the question before it auto starts and then you get 3 tries to record it (but you have a lot of time to think about the questions in between recordings if you choose to record more than once).

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP morgan and the investment banking position   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a team   Answer Question
  • What unique qualities or expertise can you bring to JP morgan   Answer Question
  • What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how has that made you a better person   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus consisted of 2 30 minute interviews and then final round super day interview at JP Morgan in NYC. Consisted of three 30 minute interviews with a Vice President, Director, and Managing Director. Interviews were pretty straight forward behavioral and technical question. One market-sizing question and a few current market questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

APAC Jumpstart interview:
     - 1st round video interview (unlimited time to prepare);
     - 2nd round: written test plus 2 in-person interviews
    Normal, standard investment banking interviews
    Written test is not difficult. Translation work and email written.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Chicago office. Few behavioral question, a lot of technical ones. It is a little bit hard for me since I go to a liberal arts school without a lot of finance background. Interviewer is nice though.

Interview Questions

• What are the two ways for a company to raise capital? Which one is more costly?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Several rounds of interviewing. First round over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions with a couple of technical ones sprinkled throughout. Not an extremely difficult process, but you should always be prepared in advance.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was 30 mins long. Interview was one on one. Interviewer was friendly and nice. More conversational than an interview. Talked about past experiences. Mostly Behavioral, one or two technical that weren't that difficult, didn't get invited to super day. It's hard to figure out what they are looking for when they are just asking behavioral questions to everyone. Overall average experience. Interviews are tough but the interviewers have been nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, what is more expensive to raise- debt or equity   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus interview for Oil Gas group in Houston. Pretty fast process. They are interviewing a lot of students on the same day and the people coming to campus never showed up in any previous on campus events. That said, you still need to network the heck out of it.

Interview Questions

• Consider one E&P trading at P/E =30, and another E&P trading at P/E =20. Why so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled with an analyst. I interviewed on Sunday, which is really weird to me. Interview did not go well and the banker sounds very cold and uninterested for some reason. I answered one question wrong, which was a mistake. I corrected it on the spot, but it did not help that much. She asked me most behavior questions and a couple of technical questions. The call was around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions and behavior questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was invited to the location to meet with the Hiring Manager and her senior manager in the hiring manager's office. I was asked questions regarding previous work situtations and how I would handle different work related scenerios. Next, I took a personality quiz with questions regarding security and employee relations. The senior manager went over the department, work conditions, and expectations of the job. The interview was concluded with a question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day at your last job like?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: 30 mins phone interview -
    I interviewed with one of the analysts at the firm. The questions were all technicals: what are valuation methods, run through DCF, WACC, etc, which were fair. However, this was quite surprising because I would expect some more behavioral questions. All in all, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Run through DCF, valuation methods, Beta, Time Value Money concept.   Answer Question