J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.4

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website in December. Got a invitation to do a video screening in February. You get a minute to read the question before it auto starts and then you get 3 tries to record it (but you have a lot of time to think about the questions in between recordings if you choose to record more than once).

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP morgan and the investment banking position   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a team   Answer Question
  • What unique qualities or expertise can you bring to JP morgan   Answer Question
  • What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how has that made you a better person   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus consisted of 2 30 minute interviews and then final round super day interview at JP Morgan in NYC. Consisted of three 30 minute interviews with a Vice President, Director, and Managing Director. Interviews were pretty straight forward behavioral and technical question. One market-sizing question and a few current market questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed through accelerated process. One personality interview by phone. Super day with three company members of varying level. Mostly questions understanding your interest and your ability to contribute to the team

Interview Questions

• How do interest rate changes transmit to corporate balance sheets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a professional from the bank. After that, I was invited to a Superday where I experienced 4 rounds of 30 minute interviews with two professionals each. I heard back that night with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about this role that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you experienced difficulties in working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

APAC Jumpstart interview:
     - 1st round video interview (unlimited time to prepare);
     - 2nd round: written test plus 2 in-person interviews
    Normal, standard investment banking interviews
    Written test is not difficult. Translation work and email written.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One first round phone interview followed by a super day with back to back interviews. The entire process took about a week. Very conversational interview and it was purely behavioral. I was not asked one technical question in the entire interview process (not even the three financial statements). However, this is likely due to the fact that I am only a second year student. Basically just have a handful of stories prepared that speak to the certain strengths you want to highlight. Doing this was enough for every question.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume.
      Q: What would your coworkers say about you?
      Q: What're your three strengths?
      Q: Client relationships are important. What does this mean to you and what do you have to contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Chicago office. Few behavioral question, a lot of technical ones. It is a little bit hard for me since I go to a liberal arts school without a lot of finance background. Interviewer is nice though.

Interview Questions

• What are the two ways for a company to raise capital? Which one is more costly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and was contacted for an interview few weeks after. The Vice Presidents were respectful, engaging, and personable when interviewing. There were phone interviews too. They were particular interested in soft skills and the technical interview was very short, looking for key knowledge in accounting, business, etc. They became contacts and we are still in touch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a group project? What's the relation between the three statements? How do you perform valuation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I had 4 interviews over the phone, I was very nervous but after speaking to the first person he had a very relaxed and easy going tone which put me at ease. Most of the questions asked were biographical and related to my resume, skills and past experience. In addition, they talked about what they do on a day to day basis and the training process.

Interview Questions

• Why JPM?
      What are your short term goals?
      Strengths and Weakness?
      How do you deal with difficult clients?
      How do you work in a team and deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Several rounds of interviewing. First round over the phone. Mostly behavioral questions with a couple of technical ones sprinkled throughout. Not an extremely difficult process, but you should always be prepared in advance.