J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

JP Morgan had several on campus information and networking sessions on campus. The interview process was very quick. It was one day long and took place on campus. There was first a 2:1 interview with a managing director and vice president in the firm. After it was completed, they asked me to go to another room for an immediate second round that was 1:1. The offers came out within a week after these two interviews. The people were amazing in making the process welcoming and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus interview for Oil Gas group in Houston. Pretty fast process. They are interviewing a lot of students on the same day and the people coming to campus never showed up in any previous on campus events. That said, you still need to network the heck out of it.

Interview Questions

• Consider one E&P trading at P/E =30, and another E&P trading at P/E =20. Why so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled with an analyst. I interviewed on Sunday, which is really weird to me. Interview did not go well and the banker sounds very cold and uninterested for some reason. I answered one question wrong, which was a mistake. I corrected it on the spot, but it did not help that much. She asked me most behavior questions and a couple of technical questions. The call was around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions and behavior questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens and an in person superday with a case study that worked through valuations and an industry analysis. There were also questions asked when we presented that were brain teaser like

Interview Questions

• Value AirBnB for me with DCF, LBO, and Comps   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was invited to the location to meet with the Hiring Manager and her senior manager in the hiring manager's office. I was asked questions regarding previous work situtations and how I would handle different work related scenerios. Next, I took a personality quiz with questions regarding security and employee relations. The senior manager went over the department, work conditions, and expectations of the job. The interview was concluded with a question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day at your last job like?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: 30 mins phone interview -
    I interviewed with one of the analysts at the firm. The questions were all technicals: what are valuation methods, run through DCF, WACC, etc, which were fair. However, this was quite surprising because I would expect some more behavioral questions. All in all, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Run through DCF, valuation methods, Beta, Time Value Money concept.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

First round interview conducted via phone call during my final year in undergrad. Definitely a very technical interview so be prepared for questions that will test your knowledge in finance. Keep up to date with current news on markets. Some behavioral questions, but as I previously stated it is definitely more focused on technical knowledge and application of learned material.

Interview Questions

• Valuation questions. What are the different types of valuation methods? Walk them thru a DCF analysis. What are the different types of financial markets? Can't recall the rest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Received invitation to 1st round via email. Had telephone interview with an analyst. Mix of behavioral and technical. Basic technicals with emphasis on explaining "why" during walkthrough of DCF. Emphasized capital structure optimization as group in highly technical focused and advises clients & product bankers on complex financial issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

One impromptu phone interview immediately followed by daylong super day. People were friendly and said they did not expect me to know corporate valuation as an economics major. However, they were a smaller operation taking only two interns and I think they were looking for people who could hit the ground running. They liked asking a lot of brain teasers. Met with most people in the office. Rounds were around a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Oscillated between corporate finance, brain teasers, and soft skills assessment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. A couple months later, human resources reached out to me for a superday. Then, I went into the office and interviewed with many different people for a couple of hours. After that, I had a phone interview with some senior people. They said it would take 2 weeks to hear back but it ended up taking months to get a job offer.