J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.3

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted on by Hirevue. You were to login into a website provided by J.P. Morgan. Once logged in 3 interview questions were to be recorded separately. You were given 1:30 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team? If so, what was your role and did you encounter any challenges?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2017.

Interview

Applied in early August, for the email for interview within 3 weeks. Online video interview platform, where I recorded myself answering questions. You get one minute to prepare and record yourself. You also have a maximum of 3 tries per question.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP Morgan, and specifically the Investment Banking opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website in December. Got a invitation to do a video screening in February. You get a minute to read the question before it auto starts and then you get 3 tries to record it (but you have a lot of time to think about the questions in between recordings if you choose to record more than once).

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to JP morgan and the investment banking position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team   Answer Question
    • What unique qualities or expertise can you bring to JP morgan   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how has that made you a better person   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview 3 weeks after applying. Then video recorded interview a month later. Then super day. You have the phone interview first then the video interview is self recorded on a web application that gives time to record in answer in 30 seconds.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus consisted of 2 30 minute interviews and then final round super day interview at JP Morgan in NYC. Consisted of three 30 minute interviews with a Vice President, Director, and Managing Director. Interviews were pretty straight forward behavioral and technical question. One market-sizing question and a few current market questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed through accelerated process. One personality interview by phone. Super day with three company members of varying level. Mostly questions understanding your interest and your ability to contribute to the team

Interview Questions

• How do interest rate changes transmit to corporate balance sheets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a professional from the bank. After that, I was invited to a Superday where I experienced 4 rounds of 30 minute interviews with two professionals each. I heard back that night with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about this role that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you experienced difficulties in working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

APAC Jumpstart interview:
     - 1st round video interview (unlimited time to prepare);
     - 2nd round: written test plus 2 in-person interviews
    Normal, standard investment banking interviews
    Written test is not difficult. Translation work and email written.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One first round phone interview followed by a super day with back to back interviews. The entire process took about a week. Very conversational interview and it was purely behavioral. I was not asked one technical question in the entire interview process (not even the three financial statements). However, this is likely due to the fact that I am only a second year student. Basically just have a handful of stories prepared that speak to the certain strengths you want to highlight. Doing this was enough for every question.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume.
      Q: What would your coworkers say about you?
      Q: What're your three strengths?
      Q: Client relationships are important. What does this mean to you and what do you have to contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Chicago office. Few behavioral question, a lot of technical ones. It is a little bit hard for me since I go to a liberal arts school without a lot of finance background. Interviewer is nice though.

Interview Questions

• What are the two ways for a company to raise capital? Which one is more costly?   Answer Question