J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a senior executive over the phone within mergers and acquisitions. He was great, friendly, and seemed to genuinely care about interviewing me. It started with some background info about the both of us and then moved on to questions such as why I wanted to work at JP Morgan and what brought me to apply. Then came some technical questions. Although I couldn’t come up with everything he asked for he didn’t make me feel uncomfortable and even explained some concepts to me.

Interview Questions

• What’s the best way to value this company? Then he would give me the EPS/PPS... NPV... IRR and other basic market concepts   Answer Question
  • Company B is valued at 5 million with PPS at $6. Company C is valued at 3 million with a PPS of $10 and has recently sold off a profitable platform. Company A is valued at 9 million with a PPS of $12 and recently bought company D and E and is still looking to expand. Would it be accretive or dilutive for Company A to acquire Company C. What factors in the market can come into play?   1 Answer
  • How do you stay current on the markets? What do you find most interesting about the business world?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral, there are some technical questions but weren't very hard. Mostly focused on getting to know you as a person and I did 3 thirty minute interviews. Great firm and great culture.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a summer internship for the Corporate & Investment banking position. I received an email back about 3 days later (right after deadline) asking to "record a video responses to 3 questions." They were mostly behavioral questions that you would get at any normal job. Be prepared, no one is on the other side so it is awkward to watch yourself interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had to be quick in coming to a decision. Explain the situation, your thought process and the final decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked on a team and what was your role on the team?   Answer Question
    • What attracts you to JP Morgan and what attracts you to the Investment banking position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through their student career portal and received an invitation to do an online video interview a couple of weeks later. Had to record my answers to several questions and got 3 tries for every question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Introduction first round Hire Vue virtual interview consisting of 3 questions. All fit / situational questions. Did not hear back after first round interviews. Not very good / normal questions. Wasn't very impressed with process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through university. First round was on campus and mainly fit with one technical question at the end. Second round was at their location in NYC. There was a networking even the night before and then the super day was the day after. I got mainly technical questions on the super day but from what I heard it really depends on who you get as an interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rochester, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Just had the hirevue round which was three questions and I was given three tries. But I have heard that people got two tries later on in the process. Took days for them to get back to me and I was rejected without having any personal interaction with anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The Yello video interview was fairly straightforward with mostly behavioral questions. The hardest part was the inability to redo the video interview, which meant that I had to prepare my responses in the several minute interval before the beginning of the recording.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you experienced failure and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hamilton, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first round occurred about two months after I applied and was a 30 min phone call. 2nd round was a 1 hour 30 min video call with three members of higher rank (VP and above).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews, followed up with an in-person superday in the NY office. 4 back-to-back interviews with analyst all the way through to ED's. Relatively standard interview process, which culminated in getting a call the day of the superday, extending me the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your story? Why banking? Why JPM? Walk me through a DCF. What are the main ways to value companies - compare each? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What might I not know from reading your resume? What are your friends' opinions of you? Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question