J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First they start with a pymetrics game on your phone which is a compilation of small games to gauge your decision making and then afterward they do an online video interview with pre recorded questions and you record yourself answering

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into the role and why did you choose it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was very straightforward. It was not too technical, and mainly behavioral. The interviewers wanted to get to know me mostly and were very kind. There were 3 interviews, each for 30 minutes.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I did the Hirevue, haven't heard back yet. Straight forward questions. It is pretty typical of a Hirevue, nothing special. I am not sure if it is reviewed by a person or not. I would suggest you give it a try,

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

HireVue with classic behavioral, then a SuperDay a few weeks later (I was guaranteed SuperDay due to participation in the Women's Conference). Notice of decision about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about what to look at when using leverage, asked me about P/E ratios, some other knowledge based questions. Be prepared on technicals and also interpersonal stuff (SuperDay had BOTH)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I submitted my resume and applied online and then was required to do an online pymetrics test which was a bunch of games. I was then invited to complete an online hireview interview. I was not invited to do a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• One question that they asked was why I was interested in JP Morgan   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The HireVue interview was pretty straight forward. They asked why JPM, why investment banking, and about any recent financial news events. I haven't heard back since submitting the virtual cover letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

Hirevue to start. Always hard because there is no give and take. Would recommend pre-recording to better prepare yourself. Standard questions about the firm and a couple of fit questions to gauge character.

Interview Questions

• Why J.P. Morgan Chase, or why Investment Banking.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Enjoyable! People were warm and welcoming. I thought the interview process was clear and the timeline was well-structured. Questions were a mixture of fit and technical. I think the interview process convinced me this was a place I wanted to be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Superday at JPM's SF office for ECM. All the MDs were out, so I interviewed with a few associates. One-on-one for 30 mins. For a superday at a BB bank, it was incredibly behavioral. I had only one technical question.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company?   1 Answer
    • Why J.P. Morgan and why investment banking? (one associate asked me why SF office specifically)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a recent transaction JPM did and explain why you are interested?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Online HireVue Interview. 4 questions, two minute answer time with one minute prep, can have one redo. However, could not pick which recording to submit if you submit a redo (the second recording automatically sends) so if your second recording might not be better than the first, I would not recommend recording a second try.