J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Hard interview. Met with Regional and Branch Manager. Interview took over an hour, was asked my goals, how I would sell, my skills, what I would do to succeed etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from all the other applicants and how would you apply that at this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interviewed with the Branch Manager, a second Branch Manager in training, and the Marketing Director. I was told there is usually a second interview with the Marketing Director solely, but they decided to join last minute. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Education and work experience was discussed with a strong emphasis on sales. I was offered the position on the spot. Later that day I was contacted by HR with the official offer letter that showed a pay rate much less than what was discussed. I decided to sign it and began filling out employment forms. Took a drug test and finger prints the next day. The next week I was contacted from a member of the pre employment team requesting documentation and letters of explanation for items that were on my credit report from 2009. I was unable to provide one of the requested documents in a timely manner, so the offer was rescinded three weeks later. The whole process was a complete waste of time, energy, and not worth nearly a $2 pay cut. Had I not had a good relationship with my current employer, I'd be unemployed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

First you must apply online, in many cases you will be asked to complete and assessment you prepare to spend the time to complete the process. If you rush and do not pass you cannot reapply for 6 months. Next you will be contacted by a telephone recruiter who will screen your resume and refer you to a hiring manager. Once you meet with a branch manager you will then meet with the District Manager. After all of that you will be offered a position and begin studying for securities exams.

Interview Questions

• What is something negative that you would like to change.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Redding, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online with a very detailed application. Then, I was required to take a math test with word problems. Then I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had an in person interview with the acting branch manager. Then had an interview with the district manager. During this time I had to provide professional references and submit my college transcript. Then, I had to agree to a credit check and a background check with finger prints and a drug test. Finally, I got an official offer of employment - after about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• If you are approaching the end of the month and you have not met your sales goal - what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called in to an interview with around 12 managers sitting in a room with about 4 other candidates, we were asked a number of different questions in regards to previous financial experiences as well as customer service and sales, we then got a chance to talk to a district manager along with a branch manager to discus the position further

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

quick phone call from a human resource recruiter then and regular interview one on one with a branch manager. Face to face interview takes about 30 minutes. Be prepared to answer all customer related service questions.Also show your leadership skills, communications skills and be very detailed on how you can influence a client to accept a product sale from you.

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Delray Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was first and this let shortly to an interview by two branch managers. Following this interview, I met with the district manager for a final 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 managers, each one talked about a different scope of the job. I feel as though they were not experienced as mangers because they were not articulate in their verbiage, and did not have the "managerial" poise in asking the questions or speaking about the position.
    By he fourth manger, I decided that I did not want to work under any of them.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

One interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you would react. They will ask you about "working the lobby", which is where you approach a customer in the lobby as they enter, are waiting in line, filling out deposit/withdrawal slips, etc., and talk to them with the goal of bringing them back to your desk to make a sale. Customer service and sales techniques are priority.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, either accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Generally two interview takes place, Branch manager and District Manager. Customer services is the key point. Try to relate everything to "Help" . That is the language of the company.

Interview Questions

• Question are generally. Prepare for further career path discussion. They want to see what you see yourself look like in five year. That is what Sale field always asking for. Your motivation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very fast hiring process.