J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.8

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interviewed with the Branch Manager, a second Branch Manager in training, and the Marketing Director. I was told there is usually a second interview with the Marketing Director solely, but they decided to join last minute. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Education and work experience was discussed with a strong emphasis on sales. I was offered the position on the spot. Later that day I was contacted by HR with the official offer letter that showed a pay rate much less than what was discussed. I decided to sign it and began filling out employment forms. Took a drug test and finger prints the next day. The next week I was contacted from a member of the pre employment team requesting documentation and letters of explanation for items that were on my credit report from 2009. I was unable to provide one of the requested documents in a timely manner, so the offer was rescinded three weeks later. The whole process was a complete waste of time, energy, and not worth nearly a $2 pay cut. Had I not had a good relationship with my current employer, I'd be unemployed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Online test with initial application
    Phone with Hr -standard background questions
    Branch manager interview / district manger -(if more than one branch hiring they will have all branch managers -so it's like a board room interview )

Interview Questions

• Sell me this stapler ?(any random object in desk)   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard ..base pay not real room for negotiation but commission potential awesome

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

"Sell me this pen". That's probably sums up the entire interview. If you can sell the pen, you get the job.

One phase that they want to hear during the interview is "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE". The company make customer satisfication a top priority over anything else. Tell them that you want to provide customers with the best possible experience and you will stand out immediately.

Other than that, it's a standard interview. A branch manager will interview you. There will be someone else behind him/her listening and taking notes, maybe even adding in additional questions/comments. Once you pass this interview, there's a 2nd interview with the distrinct manager. Once you pass that, then you're good to go.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 interviews, one local, one district level

Negotiation

I did have to re-address my initial requirement, and it was accepted

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

First you must apply online, in many cases you will be asked to complete and assessment you prepare to spend the time to complete the process. If you rush and do not pass you cannot reapply for 6 months. Next you will be contacted by a telephone recruiter who will screen your resume and refer you to a hiring manager. Once you meet with a branch manager you will then meet with the District Manager. After all of that you will be offered a position and begin studying for securities exams.

Interview Questions

• What is something negative that you would like to change.   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

You begin with a phone interview from one of the district managers. They basically try to find what your motives are, if you would work hard, and how good of a salesman you would be. Then you are told to interview at a Branch location, in which you speak with a branch manager. It's basically the same interview, but now face-to-face. Do good in those, drug test and you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Just the regular basic questions. 3 strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Generally two interview takes place, Branch manager and District Manager. Customer services is the key point. Try to relate everything to "Help" . That is the language of the company.

Interview Questions

• Question are generally. Prepare for further career path discussion. They want to see what you see yourself look like in five year. That is what Sale field always asking for. Your motivation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very fast hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied to this job via campus career website. After 2 days, I got an email from a branch manager in the area and chose two preferences for phone interview. On scheduled day, the same manager called me and asked very basic behavior questions.
    1) Briefly explain about yourself
    2) Why this position and why Chase
    3) Experience in team activities
    4) Sales experience
    5) Experience in complicated manager
    6) Experience in complicated customer and good customer
    7) Role playing game - Please sell me anything you want. (iPhone, Mac, or Food, Anything)

So basically, all questions were related to sales oriented behavior because this job position is all about just sales in store.

Two days later, I got another interview request with a regional manager but turned it down because it's entry level sales job. Actually what I thought was a private banker, not a personal banker.

Interview Questions

• Sell something what you want.
      -This was the most difficult question because I didn't have actual information about the product. (Oh, I chose iPhone 5s and said just plain words, like long battery, slick design..etc)   Answer Question

Not the final offer but another interview request.
    But I don't want to stand in front of the door to catch walk-in customers and sell bank products. If I want to go with sales job, I might go to insurance companies.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Interview

They start off with a phone interview from an HR rep. After the initial phone interview you then interview with the hiring branch manager. Once the branch manager approves you have your last interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions

• What, in your opinion is the worst quality about you>]?   Answer Question