J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interviewed with the Branch Manager, a second Branch Manager in training, and the Marketing Director. I was told there is usually a second interview with the Marketing Director solely, but they decided to join last minute. The interview lasted a little over an hour. Education and work experience was discussed with a strong emphasis on sales. I was offered the position on the spot. Later that day I was contacted by HR with the official offer letter that showed a pay rate much less than what was discussed. I decided to sign it and began filling out employment forms. Took a drug test and finger prints the next day. The next week I was contacted from a member of the pre employment team requesting documentation and letters of explanation for items that were on my credit report from 2009. I was unable to provide one of the requested documents in a timely manner, so the offer was rescinded three weeks later. The whole process was a complete waste of time, energy, and not worth nearly a $2 pay cut. Had I not had a good relationship with my current employer, I'd be unemployed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

"Sell me this pen". That's probably sums up the entire interview. If you can sell the pen, you get the job.

One phase that they want to hear during the interview is "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE". The company make customer satisfication a top priority over anything else. Tell them that you want to provide customers with the best possible experience and you will stand out immediately.

Other than that, it's a standard interview. A branch manager will interview you. There will be someone else behind him/her listening and taking notes, maybe even adding in additional questions/comments. Once you pass this interview, there's a 2nd interview with the distrinct manager. Once you pass that, then you're good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fresno, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter that explained that Chase wanted to hire prior military. I went on-line filled out application and completed assessment. Was called by asst. branch manager and scheduled a face to face interview with branch manager and asst. branch manager. The interview was typical with information and structured interview questions. I felt I had successfully answered all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think good customer service is.   1 Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

online assesement was easy...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 managers, each one talked about a different scope of the job. I feel as though they were not experienced as mangers because they were not articulate in their verbiage, and did not have the "managerial" poise in asking the questions or speaking about the position.
    By he fourth manger, I decided that I did not want to work under any of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

While the initial interviewing process was good, I found the final round of the interview not as fair as the previous two. My final round of the interview was very short (10 min) as opposed to the allotted time of 30 minutes. I felt that my interviewer was trying to rush me at the door, rather than actually decide if I was the right person for the job.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Just applied. Had to do a test and have the interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dayton, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

I apply for personal banker (bilingual) 2 days later i receive a call to set up a phone interview i did the call pass it (don't freak out they will just ask what makes a good sells man, how would you deal whit a mad customer ans little staff like that and than she offer me the interview going to the Kettering town center balding in downtown Dayton wait there for about 30 minutes on a 10 by 10 ft room i swear i felt so uncomfortable than i get a interviewer who was A Mexican born in the united states (Chicano) and i felt that when he was interviewing me he was being a little sarcastic as well as the fact that he acted like he couldn't understand me i have a degree on IT. as well as business administration. i believe i answer all the questions in a correct matter and also nail the roll play because of this site make sure you have knowledge on financial products that chase offers don't lack on that.
    the interview was about 45 minutes long and at the end he say he dint think that was the job for me. he told me to go to the website and look up other jobs and than he star talking about Columbus Ohio jobs that there are alot of opening and that i might have a chance and than he say that there was a teller position available about 1:20 minutes from where i live i was really mad and i dint show it i just say that fine i'll do that than just walked out! that was my experience guys i hope it helps.

Interview Questions

• knowledge on financial products   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out the application online took the I/Q test passed it received an email the next day from the recruiter for an phone interview. The recruiter scheduled the interview but never called. I emailed her and no response until a week later. Had the phone interview the recruiter said that the Branch Manager would contact me and they never did. I received an email a couple of days later telling me that the position has been filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Riverside, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online, waited 2-3 days and got a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview. Got a confirmation email and they called on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer