J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.8

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Delray Beach, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was first and this let shortly to an interview by two branch managers. Following this interview, I met with the district manager for a final 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a private career event. Networked and socialized with management and future manager (didn't know it at the time); completed an online assessment consisting of about 75 questions; phone interview; 2 in-person interviews; received an offer and accepted; total time from initial contact to hire date was approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you've encountered in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 2 months later, had a single interview with the DM..got a call back about 1 month later for a second interview, was offered the job 3 days later

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen how you would if it were one of our products and/or services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I wish I would've. External employees can demand so much more than internal employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dayton, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

I apply for personal banker (bilingual) 2 days later i receive a call to set up a phone interview i did the call pass it (don't freak out they will just ask what makes a good sells man, how would you deal whit a mad customer ans little staff like that and than she offer me the interview going to the Kettering town center balding in downtown Dayton wait there for about 30 minutes on a 10 by 10 ft room i swear i felt so uncomfortable than i get a interviewer who was A Mexican born in the united states (Chicano) and i felt that when he was interviewing me he was being a little sarcastic as well as the fact that he acted like he couldn't understand me i have a degree on IT. as well as business administration. i believe i answer all the questions in a correct matter and also nail the roll play because of this site make sure you have knowledge on financial products that chase offers don't lack on that.
    the interview was about 45 minutes long and at the end he say he dint think that was the job for me. he told me to go to the website and look up other jobs and than he star talking about Columbus Ohio jobs that there are alot of opening and that i might have a chance and than he say that there was a teller position available about 1:20 minutes from where i live i was really mad and i dint show it i just say that fine i'll do that than just walked out! that was my experience guys i hope it helps.

Interview Questions

• knowledge on financial products   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out the application online took the I/Q test passed it received an email the next day from the recruiter for an phone interview. The recruiter scheduled the interview but never called. I emailed her and no response until a week later. Had the phone interview the recruiter said that the Branch Manager would contact me and they never did. I received an email a couple of days later telling me that the position has been filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Riverside, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online, waited 2-3 days and got a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview. Got a confirmation email and they called on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It was an Interview with 4 different Branch managers from different locations all in one location which they called an interview session. After filling out the application online I received a call a few days later with a date, time and location of the interview session. There were like 6 people there waiting and the managers just took turns calling names to meet with them until everyone was interviewed by 3 different managers. All the managers asked for you to pitch them, two asked as if they were an actual customer and pitch them on Chase services, and one asked me to sell them a pen.

Interview Questions

• what does a person banker do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a personal banker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview went well but I never heard back from the recruiter as I was promised. I found it odd that I never received a call or email even though I emailed my interviewer to thank him for his time. I wasn't too excited to be in sales so I didn't push the issue further but it seems unprofessional to not reach out to a candidate to let them know "yea" or "nay"

Interview Questions

• What do you think a personal banker does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Assessment test that included math, customer service and integrity questions. Prescreening Interview with HR, Interview with Branch Manager, & Interview with Regional Banker. Typical Bank Sales questions that allow you to demonstrate your ability to convert high bank balances into investments. Regulations are important, relivent sales experience and success stories make the difference. If you are able to manage a staff and meet goals you have a shot at management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will revive a disinterested market and get investment sales.   1 Answer

The process took too long and I a accepted a better offer somewhere else.