J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.8

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Signed up through my Business Career Services, met with one woman who appeared to be nice during the interview. However, I felt as if she was trying to sell me the position and ultimately it was an undesired sales position. It was a basic personality/fit interview asking me to talk about why I would be a good candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a tough obstacle and how you acchieved your goal.   Answer Question

Ultimately, I just didn't want to go into sales.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rockwall, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple levels of management. Must stand up and greet a client walking in the door and ask what they need. This moment is a little awkward.

Interview Questions

• Please stand up and greet a client walking in the door with the phrase..."What brings you in today?" Then you are supposed to get them over to a working banker. It is a strange deal when you are the only person in the branch not in uniform. Also, you are greeting their clients and not being paid. Strange deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Online tests are tricky. Be alert and focus on what Chase would expect from an employee.

Interview Questions

• The test was time consuming. Is it necessary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Canoga Park, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a mutual contact so my process may have been a little more simple than the average person. I applied online with a req number and received a call from a recruiter the next couple of days. Had a phone screening and than called in for a one on one with a branch manager. After that, I went in for a meeting with the district manager. Was hired the next couple of days after.

Interview Questions

• Not any out of the ordinary questions, mostly personality questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

The recruiter was nice at first but when I told her that I was only interested in management opportunities she scoffed at the idea. She discredited me for all the work I had done with my previous bank as a branch manager and said that I would need double the years of experience to come in from the outside as a branch manager or even assistant manager. She continued to try and shove the personal banker role down my throat even when I repeatedly told her that it was not what I was looking for. She then told me in a snotty tone of voice to send my resume to her and we would go from there. Because of her poor attitude and her putting me down I did not forward my resume.

Interview Questions

• She asked right off the bat how much I was expecting to get paid if an offer was made. Most of the time that question is more towards the end.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Fresno, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

online test 1st, phone call 2nd, then a call for 1st interview with branch manager, then a 2nd interview with branch manager and district manager. Make sure that your resume has words that match the job description.

Interview Questions

• sell me this pen. What questions do you have for us.   1 Answer

Negotiation

ask for 36k and take the counter of 32k

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

One interview that lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you would react. They will ask you about "working the lobby", which is where you approach a customer in the lobby as they enter, are waiting in line, filling out deposit/withdrawal slips, etc., and talk to them with the goal of bringing them back to your desk to make a sale. Customer service and sales techniques are priority.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions are always the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, either accept or decline.

Application

Interview

For the initial interview, I was asked many questions ranging from "why do you want to work for JPMorganChase" to "sell me my pen". The initial interview was extremely friendly and very laid back, I have to admit I was nervous but the Branch Manager was good at smoothing easing my fears. The second interview was a panel interview, it was with the District Manager, there I was asked basically the same questions. To me, it seemed more of a reassurance that the Branch Manager had made a good assessment. of me.

Interview Questions

I wasn't looking to move to Chicago due to personal reasons. The job posting on my campus career listings did not specify that it was for that specific location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Started off with pre-night at a Bar... very laid back. Talk amongst 3 branch managers and 1 assistant branch manager. really chill and cool people, saw them at the bars later that night. first interview was really easy, had to sell a pen at the end. 2nd interview was at chase tower in chicago a couple weeks later. It was a day full of a couple presentations, lunch, and an interview with 2 branch managers. 2nd interview questions were pretty much the same as the first. only difference was we role played and I had to approach a "customer" who was at the atm and bring them back to my office

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Went to its hiring event get connections. Talk to big people is the key I.E. district managers, people who can make decision. And then apply online, get a phone call next week. Went to interview on the day after I received the phone call, and got an offer afternoon. The process go very quick, took 5 days from the event to get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why this field? Why Chase? Why this position? What drive you success? Tell me about yourself.

Simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None