J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Licensed Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

when submitting an application I was required to pass a test consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Most of the questions are about loans, mortgages, etc. Not difficult, but you have to be very fast. Otherwise they will send you an email automatically that they will keep your CV in their file system :(

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in banking?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

My friends and I took Chase online assessment and all of us failed it. The math problems were easy but other questions were not very clear. We gave different answers and yet none of us managed to pass the test. Very weird.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Banking Test, interview with Management, panel interview with management

Interview Questions

• Sell me something?   1 Answer
    • Describe your best and most difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you did not follow policy?   1 Answer
    • What does a personal banker do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Long Beach, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Group Interview
    Pannel Interview
    1-1 interview with manager

Interview Questions

• How much money you want to make and what are you going to do to achieve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay because of my experience in banking i guess most people are getting paid 15-18 hr but if you have experience you can negotiate what you are worth.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

It took a while. While there is high turnover within Chase, there are a lot of internal applicants. Persistence pays off! Glassdoor was spot-on as far as what others have said about the process. Don't give up!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict between another PB and yourself regarding who gets credit to a sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with branch manager, it went well and then interviewed with district manager. Interview was mostly about sales strategy and customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is based on experience and tops at at 32k. Monthly sales incentive I was told is between 1500 and 2k a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

it was very professional. at first all the candidates are told to wait in an office and then one by one we were picked to be interviewed in 1:1 with the branch manager. after the interview, I went back to the waiting room for an hour until I met with the regional manager for about a half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Straight foward interview with basic behavioral questions and a role playing portion. Key to role playing portion is ability to sell the product to consumer without them feeling like you are selling them something.

Interview Questions

Offer was for a teller position due to lack of sales experince

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the postion as a licensed personal banker. I was given a call by their recruiter and was scheduled for the in person panel interview. There were to be three people there to interview me. Two of the them were Branch Managers and were both very polite and took turns asking questions. I had studied different questions they might ask so I had very detailed answers for all of them. When the thrid woman walked into the interview late, the other two managers just let her do all the talking. Apparently she is the district manager. The way and tone in which she asked questions was extremely rude. It was as if I was being drilled back at basic training. A few of the "trick" questions she attempted to ask made her seem like a complete idiot because she didn't structured them correctly. It was very similar to telling the punchline to a joke during the joke and then stumbling to the end of it. I called her out on a few of these which I'm sure did not help my chances, but then again, I couldn't imagine working for someone like this on a daily basis. All in all, I left the interview with very little hope of getting the job. I was notified with an automatically generated e-mail a few days later which informed me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you forced to work as part of a team. What was the situation? How did you contribute? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called in to an interview with around 12 managers sitting in a room with about 4 other candidates, we were asked a number of different questions in regards to previous financial experiences as well as customer service and sales, we then got a chance to talk to a district manager along with a branch manager to discus the position further