J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.3

295 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Financial Engineer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on online. Was told by the HR that I need to take a coderpad interview first to test the ability to code. However, I applied to more than one roles but I was not told which it was for。The question was basic: prime factorisation. I didn't respond well, unfortunately.

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Involved firstly a phone interview, and then a face to face at Canary Wharf. The phone interview involved probably about 30 questions based around JavaScript. Minus about 2 questions I answered them all solidly. I did feel like although I performed well, the questions were too excessive. The interviewer was very happy with my understanding of JavaScript so invited me for a face to face.

When I arrived at 25 Bank Street, I waited for about ten minutes in the posh reception area after the agreed time before being escorted to one of the top floors. I gotta give it to them, the place is top notch. I was taken around the floor and offered a drink of water. It was all decorated in old mahogany with a Pod-like desk arrangement, not to my liking to be honest. Everyone was dressed smart as you would expect in a corporate bank.

I was then taken to a room where I would be sat around a boardroom styled table, with lush views of London across the water. We dialled into Glasgow where another individual would listen in to our conversation. There were microphone problems for about five minutes. What followed was a constant influx of technical questions. No care for me as a person, what I like doing. It was purely business. DO you know X? I've had little exposure. Do you know B framework? Yes. How much have you used React, what do you know about Redux? What is a stateless component? Do you know Typescript? What is X in TypeScript? React Lifecycle? Benefits? Drawbacks? What would you do in this situation? What's going on lately with React? What's the latest trends? What is happening with Y occurs? Why does that happen?

It was the worst interview I've ever experienced, and has actually put me off working for a corporate bank. Even he outlined the frustrations, such as no communication in the team (a vertical approach where no-one is aware of what the other is doing). I asked them what they do for fun? I think the word was lost on him.

After the meeting, he took me for a brief walk around to meet the team, everyone I saw was very friendly and welcoming, I also got a preview of the product I 'would' be working on. The interviewer took me back down and respectively shook my hand and said, "We'll be in touch".

I'll be sticking to jobs with a dress down Google-like culture, where people are actually happy, can collaborate and be innovative. I can see why others in my generation opt for the same thing. Banks should change their culture and not remain in the 80s. The only thing luring people to these places is the money, this is a well known thing, and to me, there is more to life than money. These were the thoughts I had as I left the office after an hour and a half interrogation.

I got a email from the recruiter saying my knowledge of frameworks was not strong enough and I didn't proceed to the next stage, and I was not bothered by it at all, it makes me like my current job more. So the fact I know JavaScript very well, but don't know the 'frameworks' is not enough. All developers have gaps in their knowledge. To me what makes a good developer is someone who communicates effectively, willing to learn, understands requirements and can implement them in the most effective & efficient way, not be able to answer 99/100 randomly selected questions about things that don't always matter. Overall I would say I answered about 80% of the questions strongly, but this is not enough.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from their recruitment team after applying online and scheduled an initial phone interview with a VP part of the Intelligent Solutions team in London.

Second stage was a technical test at home with an hour and a half time limit. There was one machine learning related question and one which required a bit of creative thinking.

Third stage was an on site interview with the VP and two members of the team, going through experience on the CV and technical questions.
    I was told after this that feedback was very positive, however there were candidates with more experience which were selected for the role.

Everyone at JP Morgan was very friendly and helpful, gutted I couldn't get the position.

Interest Rate Derivative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview, get a call from them, asked me 4 questions, answered them, one hour phone interview. Then that's pretty much it, hung up, after a week, headhunter got back to me, said no next stage.

Interview Questions

• 4 questions, 1st programming about sorting, 2nd probability, 3rd interest rate SDE, 4th brain teaser   Answer Question

Quant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial 30 minute discussion with team leader, going over my CV and projects I worked on followed by second more technical phone interview. Second interview straight into probability questions, lasted approx. 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• If you roll two dice, what is the expected number of throws to get a 4 and a 5, and in that order.   Answer Question
    • If you have 100 revisions for a code, what is the minimum number of tests required to find the broken code file.   Answer Question

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1.5 hr -2 tests. One programming and one algo design. 1:2 interview
    1.5 hr -2 tests. One programming and one algo design. 1:2 interview
    Overall good experience. Interviewers were very professional and friendly

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

JPM's HR reached out to me after I had sent my CV for a couple of their roles. We scheduled an interview in a week's and they gave me 3 days to solve a few programming questions in my language of choice. Questions were not ridiculous but I made a few mistakes because of the time constraint. Ultimately received no offer as my programming skills weren't up to par and fumbled on some of the brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Derive the formula for the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand on a clock for any given time.   Answer Question
    • Draw the gamma of a binary option.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2017 and received an AC invitation which would take place one month later within fifteen days.

For Operations Summer Analyst program, there is no previous interview - directly to assessment center which is also the final round interview. On the assessment center day, there will be four parts. It starts with an individual competence-based interview. The interviewer is usually a senior executive and sometimes pretends to be grumpy. All the questions were normal except the few excel-related technical questions I had. Then there is another individual interview which concentrates more on your self-reflection on the previous working/studying experiences. Next is a group discussion. You'll have thirty minutes or so to read a case and each of your groupmates gets a different piece of information. Thus it is important to thoroughly exchange your info in an efficient way during the discussion. There will be 6 assessors who have done the individual interviews with all of you previously. Finally, there is another self-reflection interview which is based on your conclusion in the group exercise and also your performance. You might also be asked how you would evaluate your groupmates' performance.

I received an offer the next morning. Usually, the result should come out really soon if you did well.

Interview Questions

• 1/Sell me a pen in five minutes
      2/Why JP, why Operations   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 round of telephone interviews, followed by a superday. Each telephone interview usually quickly go through CV and then 4 or 5 tech questions. Telephone interview cover a lot of maths like markov chain, stochastic calculus, probability, statistics, not go into very deep. Usually get 3 questions well answered can give a good chance to pass. On superday, 1 on 1 interview with several interviewers. Questions are similar to telephone round but much more difficult. Little time to take a breath between meeting different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Great focus on stochastic calculus questions, such as brownian motion, martingale, application of ito lemma. (Whether W^3 is a martingale or not, if not, add a term and makes it a martingale). Markov chain (2 people play a game, roll the dice one by one, the person who first roll the 6 win, what is the probability of the 1st person to win). Some probability and statistics questions. A little linear algebra.

3/5 questions are maths, 1/5 questions are coding (such as the inheritage of the class in C++), 1/5 are financial questions(delta hedging, butterfly option spread).   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Test, Individual Interview, and Group interview. Online test was not easy so needs to be well-prepared. For interviewee from other location, Company will pay foe transport cost with some limit bit generous. Individual Interview was carried out for each line manager randomly selected.

Interview Questions

• Working experience and general personality questions have been asked. It was entry level position thus more generic interview conducted.   1 Answer