J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.3

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Test, Individual Interview, and Group interview. Online test was not easy so needs to be well-prepared. For interviewee from other location, Company will pay foe transport cost with some limit bit generous. Individual Interview was carried out for each line manager randomly selected.

Interview Questions

• Working experience and general personality questions have been asked. It was entry level position thus more generic interview conducted.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, cover letter, some motivational questions. Interviewed over telephone. Interviewed for spring week internship position in Bournemouth, questions in general competency based, research into company required and several examples for key competencies. One slightly different type of question, had to discuss in 2 minutes the political, social, economic and technological implications of 'fossil fuels reducing'. Fairly relaxed interview, have questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to influence a group of people   Answer Question

Product Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to have a second round interview with hiring manager. I told HR that I was in the Middle-East with very poor Internet connection. They told me I had to do the interview online as soon as possible otherwise I will be eliminated from the job. They sent me a dataset to analyze and to prepare a presentation on. I spent a day on my vacation creating the presentation. Then I took a taxi to my friend's place to make sure I can connect to their system. There was a system failure and I was unable to see the team or talk to them. After this I was advised by HR that I was eliminated from the interview. I sent an email to the hiring manager asking her to meet up live in a few days, when I returned to London, but she never responded.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1 30 minutes phone interview
    Questions:
    Why Jp Morgan?
    Why Financial Services?
    Told me a time when you work in group?
    How did you do the presentation of the work/...regrets/...things to improve?
    How to solve a problem with your teammates?
    whyis better and worse to work in team or alone?
    5 minutes of questions.

Kind and available people, friendly. Good experience

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online.

First round was a telephone interview. Quite difficult, I actually thought I had completely messed this up.

I was then invited to an Assessment Centre in London. All transport was paid for, and as I was unable to get a train on the day to get me there on time, they also paid for me to stay in a hotel overnight. On the one I attended, they also had 2 candidates who had flown in from europe.
    All assessment centre candidates were left in a room to mingle whilst they waited for everyone to arrive, we were then told we had 5 minutes to go before a test. This contained two parts; a coding question and analytical questions. The code we were given was Java or Python and we had to work out which bits were incorrect/could be improved.
    After the test time had run out, it was collected, and I was left in a room on my own for about 30-45 minutes. Then an employee came in and we went through my answers.

The next part was a face to face interviews, I believe it was more of a strengths based interview.

Finally, we had a group exercise where we had to read through information in a room on our own for 30 minutes, before joining as a group and deciding whether JP Morgan should go with Cloud or Virtualisation.

It seems they had several assessment centres the same day, as when I was collecting my things to leave, there were more candidates waiting.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organised?   1 Answer

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Application

Interview

When HR connecting me about the 1st round interview, he told me that I will be asked brain teasers on math, finance and programming. But the interviewer spent about half an hour on the programming grammer, on C++ and Python, some on which I find really difficult to answer. Then about five minutes on simple probability and ten minutes on financial engineering.

Applications Analyst Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Was first contacted by the internal HR department, who arranged a prelimonary telephone interview with the head of department. The interview was quite a relaxed chat for 20 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of technical questions ranging in difficulty

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

3 different steps with senior people to understand commitment and alignment: first one with a middle manager regarding general check of background and previous experience, second one more related to tasks performed and alignment with position with a senior person and third one commitment to the job offered with the head of the team. Average 1 hour per interview. Ad hoc questions to address analytical mindset and sales approach.

Interview Questions

• Could you please describe me three different approaches you had in your previous experience that will make you a good risk manager?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to move abroad after a certain period?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your approach to deal with different complex stakeholders   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with really stressful and difficult situations?   Answer Question

Treasury Services Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied end of October and received an email from HR inviting me to two telephone interviews beginning of December, so don't worry if it has been ages and they haven't gotten back to you, it's a good sign. Two telephone interviews for me personally, was purely competency and motivational but they do ask about a recent article you read, so definitely find some good articles! For motivational, know why you want to work in the financial industry and have some unique answers for "Why JPM?". For competency, it's all pretty standard, always use STAR method and definitely go in to detail so they don't have to continuously push you. Be prepared for some brain teasers or simple maths questions, my advice would be to not panic and overthink (like I did), the answer may actually be in the question itself.

I then received an email inviting me to the AC the next day (the AC was two weeks after the telephone interview). It started at 12pm and ended at 4pm, consisted of two interviews and a group exercise. Both were motivational, slightly technical and competency again. They have your CV in front of them and may go through it with you. Have some articles in your mind and know what Treasury Services is, they will definitely ask you this. Prepare for some brain teasers and maths questions again, I personally was only asked one but some people in my group were asked 4+. My tip would be to always show passion, they can read you like a book and will end the interview quickly if they get bored. Finally, have questions prepared to ask both interviewers, they will be expecting this.

The group exercise was standard, 20 minutes to prepare a presentation, 5 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions. My advice would to make sure you don't speak over people, always be open to different opinions and make sure everyone in your group is comfortable.

2 working days later, I received a phone call from HR giving me an offer.

Good luck and I hope this helps! I know that going online and reading glass door questions really helped me so I want to return the favour with my own experience.

Interview Questions

• Why JPM?
      What is Treasury Services?
      Tell me about an article you read?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your weaknesses and how have you overcome them?
      Answer Question

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2016.

Applied online and there was no numerical reasoning test. I then went on to the phone interview stage. The interview lasted 40 minutes . Although, my interviewer had read my application, based on some of the questions asked. This resulted in a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some standard boundary conditions for a differential equation.
      Brainteasers