J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was originally contacted by the corporate recruiter who set me up to interview with a regional manager. Initially I was a bit confused as the corporate building that I was sent to didn't have an actual receptionist and it seem empty but I guess it was in the late afternoon and everyone had gone for the day. The interviewer was very informative and we spoke for over an hour. I however am still waiting for a response back of either a yay or a nay. This is my first interview experience as previous positions have been all word of mouth so I am a newbie to this process. He did tell me upfront that they have a long process before any offers are extended.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding my license status and previous employment.   1 Answer

EBT Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA).

Interview

It was during a dinner meeting. The team had already begun the implementation process and I was the second to last person hired onto the team. They were having a dinner meeting with the hiring manager and I was invited to dinner to be interviewed. I was hired as a consultant through another company so this interview was not a formal JPM interview, it was more casual. I was referred to this job by my former manager at VeriFone and she was currently on the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be thrown into the deep end of the pool and swim?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One half-hour interview with the Vice President of the branch. Questions were either qualitative (describe yourself, list your strengths) or they were situational (how would you handle an upset customer, tell me a time you contributed within a team environment). I was given the chance to pose questions at the conclusion of the interview. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase?
      What regulations do you know of as they pertain to tellers or commercial banks?   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Behavioral and technical skills based interview process. Contacted by recruiter for an initial screen. I was then scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager and the Financial Advisors who the new Client Associate would support.

Interview Questions

• Standard how did you deal with a difficult situation   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Apply online and then record an online interview. Wait for a few days and get ready for the coming 2 interviews of branch manager and market director. Lastly, finished a tax report survey. And it's done. It takes about 2 weeks to complete the whole process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Online resume drop, followed by a first round phone interview and then a super day in the Los Angeles office. Overall, everyone I spoke to was extremely nice and helpful and willing/wanting to tell you about the role. Superday had 3 1 on 1 interviews and one 2 on 1. 3 interviews with analysts and 2 with higher level, one VP and one banker. Overall everyone was very friendly. Basic questions, they aren't trying to trip you up, but definitely know about the private bank and what makes it different from other banks in terms of private wealth management.

Interview Questions

• Asset allocation classes, what is going on in the market both domestically and around the world. Besides that mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was brief, 15 minute interview with mostly behavioral questions. Technical question was to walk through how the 3 financial statements connect.
    Superday round included three 30-minute interviews. Also almost entirely behavioral. Only technical question was what statement would you look at to evaluate whether to give a company a loan.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of time you had a conflict with someone? Example of leadership? Why banking? Why commercial banking? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 questions, and I was given 2 mins to answer each (so 6 mins in total). Also, I was given 3 attempts for each question. The entire process was done via recording video (not a skype call or phone call). There was no interaction; I simply recorded my answers and sent them to JP Morgan.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Altadena, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The two people interviewing me, a man and a woman, were late in starting the interview. Next, as soon as they asked me each interview question, before I was able to start answering, noticed both of them looking away, as if distracted/uninterested. They both did this after each and every question, before I even had a chance to answer. So it seems as if they had already made up their minds before even asking me to come in. Sure enough, three days later, I get a rejection letter. Waste of time and quite rude.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Torrance, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a virtual one with hirevue, the 2nd is with the recruiter basic resume questions and asking how much you make at your current job-be careful with that question it's best you don't give that information out. 3rd was a phone interview with market director who I knew already liked me and had me interview with 3 additional managers in person to see if which one was the best fit. I got the job offer after the first 2 in person manager interviews but the MD wanted me to interview with one more manager to see if I was a good fit. In the end I ended up at a completely different branch. All the interviews in person are conversational. The role of the RB is to be build relationships with clients so in the interviews they talk to you like you're having a chat. don't get comfortable and stay on your game even if it seems like they are being easy going.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue: tell me about yourself, would you be able to get licensed when you get hired, how do you handle a difficult situation, in person just make sure you ask managers questions, and tell stories in STAR format   Answer Question