J.P. Morgan Mortgage Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Process takes too long, I actually accepted employment at another company while waiting to hear back from them. They also over train someone like myself who had 17 years in the business.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Initial interview with 2 supervisors. A week later 2nd interview with VP. Pretty easy, a lot of typical BS.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

This seems to be the only part about Chase that is not difficult. All of the questions were pretty standard, ranging from what experience do you have that you will utilize in the position, to tell me about a difficult experience between you and a customer and what did you do.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Interview

Phone recruiter setup interview. I met with 4 diff people, about 20 minutes each and finished with VP of lending. Now waiting on offer!

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Arlington, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was overall okay at the time. I remember the supervisor going over a few questions. There was about 15 supervisors conducting interviews at the time. It was a one on one interview process. They called me the following day.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask a customer to send in important loan documents?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I pretty much just took the offer without asking. It was an internal position for me.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Round robin style interviews, met with multiple managers.

Interview Questions

• Had to sell a random product to management. They also test your math skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set base pay, no negotiation

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The first is the phone interview which is pretty basic, and not really difficult. The second part is with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

2-3 phone interviews, was hired via phone. Manager was inexperienced.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to bring in a minimum of 7 application per month?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I only lasted 6 months with the firm due to poor operations department who seemed dysfunctional and lost when working on mortgage loans.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Louisville, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

Had two interviews. One in person and one over phone. Very simple process

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They will not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Production focused. 2 interviews, 1 with lending manager and another with a senior lending manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial 6 month additional incentive of .90 bps for payout.