J.P. Morgan Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Mortgage Underwriter Interview Questions

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by immediate supervisor and next level manager. The supervisor appeared newer to the supervising/management role. The department manager was easy going but asked strong interview questions. The biggest concern was that I was taking a step down since I have been in management for 30+ years. I reassured them that this was the route I was taking as I needed a break from management and wished to be an individual contributor. They were very understanding and personable and were able to empathize with the role I am choosing to follow.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very brief 15 minute interview, no hardball question, just a review of mu resume, and questions about my experience. Probably one of easiest interviews I ever had. Again, this was a very easy interview. I will note they were hiring in large volume and were fairly desperate for people.

Interview Questions

• Questions involved questions about my experience relating to my position. Current quality rating, production standings etc.   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The interview was two folds. It included a phone interview as well as a group interview. Both were very short and direct. However the on-boarding process with a bit much. There is a lot that they look into so even after I received an offer it took another 2 weeks to be approved.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 minute phone interview there is nothing else to say. i interviewed with a supervisor for five minutes over the phone and about 30 days later I got an email offering me the job from HR.

Interview Questions

• Where would I look to find all of borrower's sources of income   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

very punctual, 30 minutes, professional, enjoyable not stressful at all, two people were present, I brought my resume but they had it with them, and they had reviewed it already.

Interview Questions

• describe your experience in underwriting   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

I'm a military veteran and used the Hiring our Heroes opportunity to receive this position. I was in contact with the military recruiter and was able to pick positions of interest and was given feedback as to if I could qualify for the position. Once at the interview, I was not given a tour of the facility (which is EXTREMELY QUIET, it seemed like if you talked to anyone you would be reprimanded).

Interview Questions

• Please know how to calculate debt and income to obtain a debt to income ratio.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

At first I received a call from HR recruiter that seems to be basic questions to figure out that you know the basics. Then interviewed with the hiring manager. Final interview was with department manager.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Troy, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 ladies, they discussed the job and the requirements of the job. They were very detailed about the job and the expectations they were looking for in an employee. Since there is personal information that is to be reviewed they were looking for honest people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JP Morgan Chase?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call back when I had no experience. This was back when the HARP program had started and they were desperate for new underwriters even when no experience was an issue

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in an office   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job through my university website for employers. The recruiter was from NYC and contacted me 2 hours after I sent my resume in. We agreed for a phone interview the next week. 30 min phone interview and the first question was a mortgage related question to calculate capacity to pay a mortgage, then behavorial. Passed and was then asked to fill out some information and apply formaly through their career portal for the specific position. Applied and was contacted to travel to Jacksonville to go through the interview. Arrived and was greeted by some senior staff members to break the ice and learn about the position and Chase. Panel was very thorough on examples and to ellaborate. I left knowing I delivered solid examples since I was already used to interviewing for many other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with many obligations and deadlines how did you proceed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do something that you did not feel comfortable about doing?   Answer Question

I chose to decline since I did not want to move to Jacksonville, and I used them for leverage to secure my salary at the current company I will be working for by using the offer from JP Morgan Chase to lever myself up.