J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

surprisingly laid back .....

Interview Questions

• all behavioral, ask about technical skills with data analytics, ask what you know about JP and how they work with chase, and lastly about current news and stock price   Answer Question

KYC Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

HR sent me the name of one manager, I walked into a room with 4 people. Be prepared for that. Also, there was one more person on video conference.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organizations compliance tool   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews: One phone and one technical. Pretty straightforward, be prepared for a lot of behavioral project questions. I had a great experience, they were willing to expedite the process due to a pending offer, so I did the interview on a Tuesday and had my offer on Friday.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with JP recruiter after that another phone interview with two hiring managers and then onsite to meet two more hiring managers. Everyone was very nice with excellent understanding of recruiting and JP process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied Mid October. Phone screen March 1st was 1/2 hour long with a developer and was mostly behavioral. It was not long enough for algorithmic questions. 2 days later, I was invited to attend Super Day in one week. Super Day was 3 half-hour one-on-one interviews. I got my answer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What is the importance of technology to JP Morgan?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you worked with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Associate - Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Networking event then three interviews for the superday. Only three rounds, but the interviewers were more senior, and had totally different styles. Not as technical as the first two rounds, but required candidates to have very good understanding of finance and pricing. It is better to prepare your story and lead them to the field that you are really good at.

Interview Questions

• ED
      1.Option payoff: (Max(s1,s2),0)+, find the p1,2 that could maximize the payoff(p1,2 = -1)
      2.Option payoff: 1(s>k), use which model to price it

VP
      3.go through your resume
      4.internship experience, discussed a strategy I developed before, asked a lot details
      5.assumptions of OLS
      6.why no multicolinearity; how to check multicolinearity (VIF), definition of VIF statistic, other methods without checking VIF? (large r squared, but none of the parameters is significant)
      7.stepwise

12.my exchange experience
      13.internship experience
      14.probability, classic 3 doors problem, should I switch
      15.conditional probability
      16.BS equation, why no u? (no arbitrage)
      17.difination of brownie motion
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview, got selected to move onto the next round, and got two additional back-to-back interviews at JP Morgan's headquarters. The process was what I would call "traditional", meaning it was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an event that recently happened on the financial markets which may affect our company?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair, went to an on-campus interview 2 weeks later which consisted of a 30-minute technical interview followed by a 30-minute behavioral interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Two 30 minutes interview with different interweaves. Divided in Technical and Behavioral.
    Make sure you're aware of the answers that you're giving because they will ask you next question based on your answer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

- Recruiter contacted on LinkedIn. Surprisingly, asked for 3 phone interviews.(Total 90 Mins)
    - 1st phone interview - Java concepts, Collection framework, finance concepts.
    - 2nd phone interview - Questions about project, technologies used, multi threading.
    - 3rd phone interview - Questions about sprint planning, agile, deployments, automated testing, salary expectations.

- No feedback about phone interviews even after 2 weeks. Recruiter not replying to email.

Interview Questions

• Questions on java concepts, past projects, technologies used.   Answer Question