J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Intern Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview

A family member of mine knew a top guy that works in operations at J.P. Morgan, and he got me in touch with him. My GPA is lower than what they wanted for the ops internship, however, he put in a good word for me so I got the phone interview. They are very busy with interviews, so when they ask if you can make the specific time, TAKE IT! I couldn't make the first time and it took another week to have the phone interview (and they also thought, maybe she doesn't want to work for us). The guy who interviewed me was very friendly, which I think made the interview go very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• I expected these questions because I did the research, but one question was 1. "What if you were presenting in front of a board and realized ten minutes ahead of time that there was a typo in your presentation. What do you do?" Another question was 2. "Your boss has assigned you a project for the whole length of the summer; however, he leaves for two weeks just as you are getting started on it and find that you are stuck. What do you do?" The last question I would be sure to know is 3. "What can you tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Going on to another round

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had two back to back on-campus interviews around late January early February. The interviewers asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I heard back in April if I received an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with everything that is going on on Wall Street? Do you know how to use pivot tables and V-look up on Excel? Rate your excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Talked to someone at the career fair. Told me to attend an information session which I did. Got invited for two thirty minute interviews with 4 different people. Grilled me right away on what I knew about the company. Very friendly company.

Interview Questions

• How could you better yourself to think more analytically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I attended an on-campus presentation. I then applied on my school's career website and I was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter who received a paper copy of my resume that I left with the JP Morgan Chase presenters. The recruiter encouraged me to apply on the JP Morgan website and to notify him afterwards. After about a month of back and forth communication via email, I was eventually able to land a phone interview with two senior executives in Chicago.

The interview was meant to be 1 hour total, 30 minutes with each executive, but it ended up lasting over 2 hours. However, at the time I was under the impression that if they liked me, they would want to interview me in person. That never happened.... I was contacted the next day by the recruiter with an offer.

In terms of the questions I was asked...The questions I was asked weren't too bad. Make sure you do your research on JP Morgan's history and current events. I was asked to break down the different segments in which JP Morgan operates (good thing I prepared). I could tell that the executives I interviewed with were not giving interviews on a regular basis. One executive broke the interview into sections "About me", "About JP Morgan", "Skills", etc. and gave me 4 questions all at once under each category and told me to answer them in any order I wanted. While the style of the interview was a little different, the questions weren't all that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give me an excel function you would use to solve this problem... (I'm not able to remember the framework of the problem)
      What is your leadership style
      Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult indivudual   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an email with an offer and didn't feel as though there was any room for negotiation. However, I was happy with the amount I was being offered.

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and received an interview around one month later. I arrived at the interview early and the greeters were extremely friendly and helpful. Two back to back 30 minute interviews, each with one employee. The interviews were very normal, nothing that was surprising. There were a lot of the typical behavioral or leadership questions. Make sure you know current events, especially about JP Morgan and their different business segments. I was called two days after the interview with an offer (this is rare and they usually take much longer). The interviewers seemed very nice, however quite busy.

Interview Questions

• What does operations do and why do you want to be an operations intern?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2013.

Interview

1) Language & Math test online. Practice tests given on the same site were very useful. Couldn't finish a few math questions; still made it to next round. 2) Impromptu 30-min phone interview; generic competency questions. Passed. 3) Assessment Centre. Total of 3 x interviews + 1 x case study.

a. Motivational interview b. You're given material for an Operations case study. Whoever you read/discuss these materials with in that room *won't* be your actual group later. Each member is given special additional information - won't be told what it is; you'll have to compare notes with the eventual group. Total reading time for materials is 1 x ~30min + 1 x 10min session. c. Interview with Operations VP (or equivalent). Knowledge about Finance industry; knowledge about Operations; personality-related questions to assess fit. d. Group brainstorming on how to solve the case study, whilst monitored by manager(s). Expected to come up with prioritisation of solution + answer on paper & submitted as a group. e. Final interview with one of the managers who sat in earlier; supposedly as a presentation of the group's proposed solution - & whether you'd change anything. Assessing teamwork & performance, & what you think about it.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics; something along the lines of: "You're given $2000 to help a non-profit organisation reach out to new sponsors, with the aim of reaching $20,000. What would you do?"   Answer Question

Intern Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment Day
    -Individual Presentation
    -Group Discussion
    -2 Rounds Interviews

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly straight forward. Most of them were competency based and some were commercial awareness oriented. Example question includes: Tell me about a person that you admire.   Answer Question

Other options available