J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before getting an offer. The first one was about four basic behavioral questions. The second interview was a little bit longer with about 8 questions. The process took about 3 weeks. Be prepare to answer question like why JP Morgan? Why operations? and basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you found a mistake in your presentation 10 minutes before presenting what do you do?
    Why JP Morgan?
    Why operations?
    How do you lead?
    Who's a leader you look up to and why?
    How do you handle having many tasks for a specific time period?
    What do you know about excel
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to set up two short phone interviews. Very typical interview that focused on your experience and on company history. Depending on your location, these meetings may be in person. Less than a week later, I received an offer. Extremely easy process that was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with what is happening in the financial industry and can you give me an example something that happened recently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

1st interview over the phone very relaxed, and the second interview was an i office competition style interview. The overall interview provided great insight into the day to day roles in this particular department.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was very straightforward with no surprise questions. Know why you want to go into this position and why you want it to be with J.P. Morgan. I applied through their careers website and heard back within about two weeks for a phone interview. I wish I had been given feedback as to why I was not invited to the next round, but it is not a big deal. Make sure to know a lot of the firm and what they do, and how you could personally fit in and make a difference. They want to know that you are willing to compete for jobs. Be aware that this program came off to me as a 2-year internship. This means that if performance was not satisfactory at the end of the two years then they would let you go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick and an easy process. Two rounds of interviews and a group case study with a presentation. Behavioral questions and one or two analytical thinking questions. (What would you do with bad data?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that was conducted in a timely manner. Primarily focused on behavioral questions and your stance on the financial world, in global terms as well. Also went through to talk about your resume, and asked about what you think you can impact for your future career based on your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What can you tell us about our products/services? What can you share about what's happening in the the world of finance today and how does it effect the rest of the world? Why operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview. 2 30 minute interviews with 2 different people. Kind of difficult, a lot of hard questions the entire time. You could tell the interviewers were very intelligent and did not take it easy. Gave recommendations for improvement with future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep up to date with financial news? If so, can you name an example of recent news about JPMorgan?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through the company website. After 2 weeks, received an invitation to participate in two phone interviews. The interviews happened on same day back to back. Most of the interview process looked automated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience when you worked with a group?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Landed interview from a university career fair. There were a series of 2 phone interviews, the questions were relatively standard and straightforward. In addition, they asked for SAT scores and transcripts. They followed up with an offer within about one week of the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and on JP Morgan's website as well. I received an email for a phone screen a few weeks later. It was pretty basic with some behavioral questions, why JPM, etc. Less than a week later I got another email from he recruiter stating I was invited to fly to Phoenix for a super day. It consisted of 2 behavioral interviews by people working in operations and a group exercise. The interviewers in this round expected a bit more detailed answers but the questions were relatively similar to the ones in the phone screen. The group exercise was the most challenging part of the day. They give you pieces of information and have you solve a logic problem as a group (8 other candidates) without showing each other what info you have. Only talking is allowed, no writing. Having woken up at 4am the same day to fly across the country, I was really exhausted at this point and was not able to focus or talk enough to do well. I think this is why I ultimately was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to solve a complex problem. What steps did you take?   Answer Question