J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before getting an offer. The first one was about four basic behavioral questions. The second interview was a little bit longer with about 8 questions. The process took about 3 weeks. Be prepare to answer question like why JP Morgan? Why operations? and basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you found a mistake in your presentation 10 minutes before presenting what do you do?
    Why JP Morgan?
    Why operations?
    How do you lead?
    Who's a leader you look up to and why?
    How do you handle having many tasks for a specific time period?
    What do you know about excel   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was separated into 2 parts, one "fit" interview and one traditional interview about my resume. It was pretty straight forward and easy, didn't think too much about it.

Didn't get to move forward, no response as to why. Coming from a non-target school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you look up to other than your parents and why?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to set up two short phone interviews. Very typical interview that focused on your experience and on company history. Depending on your location, these meetings may be in person. Less than a week later, I received an offer. Extremely easy process that was very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with what is happening in the financial industry and can you give me an example something that happened recently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

1st interview over the phone very relaxed, and the second interview was an i office competition style interview. The overall interview provided great insight into the day to day roles in this particular department.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was very straightforward with no surprise questions. Know why you want to go into this position and why you want it to be with J.P. Morgan. I applied through their careers website and heard back within about two weeks for a phone interview. I wish I had been given feedback as to why I was not invited to the next round, but it is not a big deal. Make sure to know a lot of the firm and what they do, and how you could personally fit in and make a difference. They want to know that you are willing to compete for jobs. Be aware that this program came off to me as a 2-year internship. This means that if performance was not satisfactory at the end of the two years then they would let you go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick and an easy process. Two rounds of interviews and a group case study with a presentation. Behavioral questions and one or two analytical thinking questions. (What would you do with bad data?)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via my schools internship/ job website. I was then reached to out to by the recruiter and asked to come to Super-day in NYC. The email they initially sent me had gone to my Trash mail, so the recruiter then called me. My travel and hotel to the city was paid for by the company. Super-day included meeting senior management and people currently in the full time program.

Interview Questions

• Most of my questions were about me, the firm or behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that was conducted in a timely manner. Primarily focused on behavioral questions and your stance on the financial world, in global terms as well. Also went through to talk about your resume, and asked about what you think you can impact for your future career based on your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What can you tell us about our products/services? What can you share about what's happening in the the world of finance today and how does it effect the rest of the world? Why operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview. 2 30 minute interviews with 2 different people. Kind of difficult, a lot of hard questions the entire time. You could tell the interviewers were very intelligent and did not take it easy. Gave recommendations for improvement with future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep up to date with financial news? If so, can you name an example of recent news about JPMorgan?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through the company website. After 2 weeks, received an invitation to participate in two phone interviews. The interviews happened on same day back to back. Most of the interview process looked automated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience when you worked with a group?   1 Answer