J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was separated into 2 parts, one "fit" interview and one traditional interview about my resume. It was pretty straight forward and easy, didn't think too much about it.

Didn't get to move forward, no response as to why. Coming from a non-target school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you look up to other than your parents and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was very straightforward with no surprise questions. Know why you want to go into this position and why you want it to be with J.P. Morgan. I applied through their careers website and heard back within about two weeks for a phone interview. I wish I had been given feedback as to why I was not invited to the next round, but it is not a big deal. Make sure to know a lot of the firm and what they do, and how you could personally fit in and make a difference. They want to know that you are willing to compete for jobs. Be aware that this program came off to me as a 2-year internship. This means that if performance was not satisfactory at the end of the two years then they would let you go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that was conducted in a timely manner. Primarily focused on behavioral questions and your stance on the financial world, in global terms as well. Also went through to talk about your resume, and asked about what you think you can impact for your future career based on your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan? What can you tell us about our products/services? What can you share about what's happening in the the world of finance today and how does it effect the rest of the world? Why operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview. 2 30 minute interviews with 2 different people. Kind of difficult, a lot of hard questions the entire time. You could tell the interviewers were very intelligent and did not take it easy. Gave recommendations for improvement with future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep up to date with financial news? If so, can you name an example of recent news about JPMorgan?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through the company website. After 2 weeks, received an invitation to participate in two phone interviews. The interviews happened on same day back to back. Most of the interview process looked automated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience when you worked with a group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and on JP Morgan's website as well. I received an email for a phone screen a few weeks later. It was pretty basic with some behavioral questions, why JPM, etc. Less than a week later I got another email from he recruiter stating I was invited to fly to Phoenix for a super day. It consisted of 2 behavioral interviews by people working in operations and a group exercise. The interviewers in this round expected a bit more detailed answers but the questions were relatively similar to the ones in the phone screen. The group exercise was the most challenging part of the day. They give you pieces of information and have you solve a logic problem as a group (8 other candidates) without showing each other what info you have. Only talking is allowed, no writing. Having woken up at 4am the same day to fly across the country, I was really exhausted at this point and was not able to focus or talk enough to do well. I think this is why I ultimately was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to solve a complex problem. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through school and company website. Took about a week to hear back after deadline, at which point I received an on campus interview. Questions were mostly behavioral and resume based, nothing too technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

one hour long interview- 2 back to back 30 min with two managers- mostly behavioral questions and a few about excel knowledge- no specifics on excel just ask you what you know how to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview: one on one with a executive director. Very blunt, just reading off a sheet provided by JPM full of questions. Not too friendly and not really a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the operations theories? Difference between a manager and a leader? How do you keep up with the financial industry? 10 minutes before a presentation, you find an error/typo in your work, what do you do? Describe a time a team member wasn’t pulling his weight? Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor about something and how did you deal with it? Tell me about a conflict you had with a colleague and how did you deal with it? How do you handle multiple tasks? What is a current event going on right now that is affecting the financial markets? Traders are sending in information in an Excel spreadsheet and emailing them to operations. How can you make the process more efficient? What are JP Morgan’s products/services? Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project, what do you do? Do you like to work on one thing or multiple things simultaneously? What are the greatest challenges a bank like JP Morgan Chase faces today? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is Operations? Why do you want to work in Operations? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruitment period.
    After submitting my resume, I was contacted to set up a 45min or so phone interview. The phone call was mostly behavioral questions and generally why I was interested in the position.
    Two weeks later, I was invited to visit the Columbus branch in person for a Super-Day. Lasted about 4 hours and involved two one-on-one interviews as well as a group activity with 4 others.
    Find out two weeks later that I did not receive an offer but I enjoyed the process regardless.

Interview Questions

• During the 1:1, was asked why I was interested in the Operations position over other analyst positions.   Answer Question