J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.9

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and on JP Morgan's website as well. I received an email for a phone screen a few weeks later. It was pretty basic with some behavioral questions, why JPM, etc. Less than a week later I got another email from he recruiter stating I was invited to fly to Phoenix for a super day. It consisted of 2 behavioral interviews by people working in operations and a group exercise. The interviewers in this round expected a bit more detailed answers but the questions were relatively similar to the ones in the phone screen. The group exercise was the most challenging part of the day. They give you pieces of information and have you solve a logic problem as a group (8 other candidates) without showing each other what info you have. Only talking is allowed, no writing. Having woken up at 4am the same day to fly across the country, I was really exhausted at this point and was not able to focus or talk enough to do well. I think this is why I ultimately was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to solve a complex problem. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through school and company website. Took about a week to hear back after deadline, at which point I received an on campus interview. Questions were mostly behavioral and resume based, nothing too technical.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview followed by an invite to superday. Met the other kids interviewing. Two individual interviews followed by a group activity. First interview was very technical while the second was more friendly and laid back. Group activity was definitely the hardest part. Works on communication and ability to remember things. The group is not allowed to write anything during this activity. Still everyone was very friendly and it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• What is going on with JP in the world? News on JP?   Answer Question
    • Time you saw a project from start to finish and any problems you faced   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

one hour long interview- 2 back to back 30 min with two managers- mostly behavioral questions and a few about excel knowledge- no specifics on excel just ask you what you know how to do

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2016.

Interview

Was working on temporary role within the company when I got an email from someone saying they are looking to interview someone for an open role they had. They said I looked like a great fit and invited me to interview the same week. I met with two vice presidents and one associate on the day of the interview. Nothing hard, just questions like "tells us what your role is with your current team" etc. Promptly after leaving interview I got an email inviting me to a second round to meet with the roles Managing Director. I accepted and the following week I met with him and again no hard questions just asking me about my role and if I was up for the challenge. After a day or two I got an email invitation for a final 3rd round interview to meet with the Executive director of the role and it was the easiest interview ever. We just talked about my role and briefly about the types of things I would be working on. After the final interview I then sent my final thank you email to the ED and they said they'll let me know within a few days about their decision. The last day of temporary role I was in, the MD reached out to me to say if I was still interested and extended the offer to me. I accepted and paperwork took about a week to complete. Overall pleasant and great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked about my hourly rate from the temp role and then got back to me with a number for yearly salary. No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was invited to attend a Superday. The interview was relatively basic: two 1:1 interviews back to back. Both interviewers were Senior levels and they asked basic questions about my resume--no technicals were asked. I was given an offer two days later. Simple process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.. Why Operations...Why JPMorgan...What did you do at X,Y,and,Z firm? Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an hour long phone interview. During the interview, I spoke to 2 managers in operations (30 minutes each) and it was a very relaxed and open conversation. I really enjoyed speaking to them and they were very friendly, welcoming, and conversational the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What are the products and services of JPMorgan? When was a time you received constructive feedback? Talk about a recent goal you have set for yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (College Park, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Two rounds, mostly behavioral and the questions are all expected. Interviewers are very friendly, and it was not as intense as I expected. Attended an information session before the interview and it really helped. I thought there was a final round interview in New York, but I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2015.

Interview

After applying through my school's website, I heard back a few weeks later about got back-to-back phone interviews (30 minutes each). One with an ED and one with a VP. The questions were quite similar. I got the offer two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If your manager gave you an assignment and then left for a few weeks, what would you do if you had any questions about the work given to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview: one on one with a executive director. Very blunt, just reading off a sheet provided by JPM full of questions. Not too friendly and not really a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the operations theories? Difference between a manager and a leader? How do you keep up with the financial industry? 10 minutes before a presentation, you find an error/typo in your work, what do you do? Describe a time a team member wasn’t pulling his weight? Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor about something and how did you deal with it? Tell me about a conflict you had with a colleague and how did you deal with it? How do you handle multiple tasks? What is a current event going on right now that is affecting the financial markets? Traders are sending in information in an Excel spreadsheet and emailing them to operations. How can you make the process more efficient? What are JP Morgan’s products/services? Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project, what do you do? Do you like to work on one thing or multiple things simultaneously? What are the greatest challenges a bank like JP Morgan Chase faces today? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is Operations? Why do you want to work in Operations? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question