J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview: one on one with a executive director. Very blunt, just reading off a sheet provided by JPM full of questions. Not too friendly and not really a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the operations theories? Difference between a manager and a leader? How do you keep up with the financial industry? 10 minutes before a presentation, you find an error/typo in your work, what do you do? Describe a time a team member wasn’t pulling his weight? Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor about something and how did you deal with it? Tell me about a conflict you had with a colleague and how did you deal with it? How do you handle multiple tasks? What is a current event going on right now that is affecting the financial markets? Traders are sending in information in an Excel spreadsheet and emailing them to operations. How can you make the process more efficient? What are JP Morgan’s products/services? Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project, what do you do? Do you like to work on one thing or multiple things simultaneously? What are the greatest challenges a bank like JP Morgan Chase faces today? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is Operations? Why do you want to work in Operations? Why JP Morgan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruitment period.
    After submitting my resume, I was contacted to set up a 45min or so phone interview. The phone call was mostly behavioral questions and generally why I was interested in the position.
    Two weeks later, I was invited to visit the Columbus branch in person for a Super-Day. Lasted about 4 hours and involved two one-on-one interviews as well as a group activity with 4 others.
    Find out two weeks later that I did not receive an offer but I enjoyed the process regardless.

Interview Questions

• During the 1:1, was asked why I was interested in the Operations position over other analyst positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a contracting company for an opportunity at JPM. Set up interview within a week, dressed in suit for interview which was quite easy make sure you have some thoughtful questions to make them feel like you want to contribute to their growth. After interview waited about 30 minutes before call back to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, overview of your resume, why JPM, what makes you stand out, chance to ask insightful questions about self and company growth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

Long overall process with very vague information from recruiters on exact day to day operations of the job. Overall process took over a month and met with various managers. The recruiters are not very well connected to the hiring managers or departments that they are recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Explain the financial crisis, explain your accounting degree, explain your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was initially contacted by a recruiter 2 days later. The recruiter scheduled two phone interviews back-to-back on the same day. Both phone interviews were a mixed bag of basic interview questions [including experience, walk through resume and why JP Morgan] and basic technical questions. The first phone interview lasted 30 minutes and the second phone interview lasted 15 minutes. Both were very relaxed. I received a call the following day to schedule in-person group interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through university career services. Had phone interview followed by an in person one. Easy process as a whole. Mainly all behavioral questions. No questions were overly challenging and you will be fine as long as you prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simply and consisted of two rounds. 1 basic phone interview with only qualitative/behavioral questions, lasted about 20 minutes and was very scripted.

2nd round was a case competition style round at the Tampa office. Very fun and not too intimidating. The case was based around a non-profit company and focused on implementation strategy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with 2 over the phone interviews back to back, each of them being 30 minutes, and each having a different interviewer. The first interview was more open and broad, asking about specific knowledge on JP Morgan, its operations, the parts of JP Morgan and the Chase side, and broad questions asking to describe myself. The second interview was more personal and geared towards the specific position, but still had many questions about my knowledge of JP Morgan. (study the website, and other materials for this) Make sure to rehearse how you are going to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• Interview had the usual behavioral type questions; some questions about your knowledge with excel and current events, and also quite a few questions testing your knowledge of the company. Be prepared to breakdown the company, all parts, what they do, and know how to explain everything. Also, be prepared to answer questions about yourself. The questions they ask about you are very open, so have some things rehearsed. One of the things they asked me was to "describe myself" I explained my schooling, my interests, strengths, and my interest in JP Morgan specifically. Try looking up articles about how to answer these questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions basically just trying to gauge fit. one on one. there weren't any surprises, basically just standard questions. not very intimidating. make sure you are well-spoken and keep eye contact. this job you will be talking to people so there try to gauge your personal skills

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience working with a team where you experienced struggles   Answer Question