J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was initially contacted by a recruiter 2 days later. The recruiter scheduled two phone interviews back-to-back on the same day. Both phone interviews were a mixed bag of basic interview questions [including experience, walk through resume and why JP Morgan] and basic technical questions. The first phone interview lasted 30 minutes and the second phone interview lasted 15 minutes. Both were very relaxed. I received a call the following day to schedule in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online through university career services. Had phone interview followed by an in person one. Easy process as a whole. Mainly all behavioral questions. No questions were overly challenging and you will be fine as long as you prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was simply and consisted of two rounds. 1 basic phone interview with only qualitative/behavioral questions, lasted about 20 minutes and was very scripted.

2nd round was a case competition style round at the Tampa office. Very fun and not too intimidating. The case was based around a non-profit company and focused on implementation strategy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with 2 over the phone interviews back to back, each of them being 30 minutes, and each having a different interviewer. The first interview was more open and broad, asking about specific knowledge on JP Morgan, its operations, the parts of JP Morgan and the Chase side, and broad questions asking to describe myself. The second interview was more personal and geared towards the specific position, but still had many questions about my knowledge of JP Morgan. (study the website, and other materials for this) Make sure to rehearse how you are going to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• Interview had the usual behavioral type questions; some questions about your knowledge with excel and current events, and also quite a few questions testing your knowledge of the company. Be prepared to breakdown the company, all parts, what they do, and know how to explain everything. Also, be prepared to answer questions about yourself. The questions they ask about you are very open, so have some things rehearsed. One of the things they asked me was to "describe myself" I explained my schooling, my interests, strengths, and my interest in JP Morgan specifically. Try looking up articles about how to answer these questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2015.

Interview

Application through company website. There was only one interview date which consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Both interviews were behavioural and about the experiences on your resume. After the interview I got a call next week letting me know I had an offer. The offer is non-negotiable but very good for an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions basically just trying to gauge fit. one on one. there weren't any surprises, basically just standard questions. not very intimidating. make sure you are well-spoken and keep eye contact. this job you will be talking to people so there try to gauge your personal skills

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience working with a team where you experienced struggles   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

It was not a very difficult interview, you just need to do more research on the role you are interviewed for and the history of the company. You need to know some basic finance terminologies.

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward process. I had 2 phone interviews and then I was contacted within a week to see if i got an offer or not. I recommend knowing as much as you can about the company and being able to go in depth about your resume.