J.P. Morgan Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They have pre-printed forms with a bunch of stupid questions that don't actually get to the heart of who you are and how successful you'll be in your position there. The interviewers stick to the script instead of asking real questions and getting to know the person. When there are mass interviews, the process takes around 30 minutes. If the organization is hiring a bunch of people, they barely even pay attention and just write down random stuff you say. If the interviewer likes you, they'll recommend you. If the interviewer doesn't like you, they won't. Pretty simple and straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• If you could work with three people, who would it be and why? (including historical figures, people who have already passed, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. HR will not allow you to negotiate. If the offer doesn't meet your needs, don't accept the job. They will only make an exception in about 1% of cases.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter one day and then interviewed with the hiring manager. After one week, I interviewed with different people in different groups. The whole went smooth and I did enjoy talking with the people in JP Morgan. Most of them is behavior questions and make sure you know the position well and tell how you are able to fit for it. Haven't heard any updated news from them yet.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Rancho Bernardo, CA).

Interview

I Initially came in to the office building to interview with two individuals. After this initial interview, if I remember correctly, there was a follow-up interview. Overall, the interview process was well-organized and comprehensive and about what I would have expected from a company of this size and stature.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked me the most general questions, such as Excel skills and intern experience. You should be very familiar with your resume, even the smallest details because that is the only material they have on hand up to that time. They are very nice and good persons, and the talks are very friendly and comfortable.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview

A group interview with two supervisors and a one on one interview with the manager

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process entailed an initial telephone screening. Which then let to a an interview with a senior team member. Finally the interview entailed a group panel. The group panel furnished examples of the office culture and dynamics. Which painted a clear picture of what the day to operations would entail.

Interview Questions

• Scenario and role playing for customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Went through 3 interviews with different managers

Interview Questions

• Given different scenarios and asked how you would handle each one   Answer Question

Negotiation

Having just graduated I was excited to start a career and did not negotiate. When you get the offer letter/e-mail make sure to negotiate your starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Monroe, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

called for interview; went on 1:1 interview. Galled two to three days later with a job offer. I came in and did the drug test plus fingerprints and started two weeks later after the background check was complete

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Monroe, LA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with two supervisors, both supervisor asked numerous questions. Make sure you know about the company and the position you are applying for. Basic interview questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses. What's your availability. Are you able to perform essential job duties.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a member of the management team from the department I would be placed in. My interview lasted over an hour but I was told that was longer than usual. They asked standard questions that you may encounter during any interview such as, What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What previous experience do you have that relates to this position? How experienced are you in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Why would you be a good addition to Chase? What salary would you be satified with? etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I was referred by a current employee, I had an idea of what the salary range was and did my best to get a salary at the high end of that range. Considering I was interviewing for an entry level position, the salary range was quite low no matter what and there wasn't much room for negotiation.